My footwell lighting and power accessories project

Very nice! I really want some lights in those areas you mentioned! Looking forward to seeing your write up. :)

Thanks. I realized I did not get many good pictures of the light process lol. I can at-least get some installed ones though. The actual running of the wire is pretty self explanatory once you get the trim off and know where you want to put everything.

I am finding though that even just the 3-light strip I put in the center console cubby are too bright, so I've got some "Light dims" which I am going to try http://www.lightdims.com/. Just stick on ND filters basically.

Still trying to find the circuit to tap into that allows the footwell lighting to turn on ONLY when the interior lights are on (via control of the vehicle lights). Any ideas?

Whoops, I mean to turn on when the vehicle lights are on, not only when the dome lights are on.

Well that was easy. Tapped it to the center console shifter position light.

Thanks, but it seems like a lot of work, just to replace that bulb. I may just leave it the way it is.

Since you have a 2014, I am assuming it's the 2013-2014 gated style shifter. In that case, you just unscrew the shift knod, pry the shifter plate up, and disconnect the harness connecting to the bulb.

Latest posts

Back