DIY Third brake Light flasher w/ delay Module (Kahtec)

:
Mazda 5 2007
Was worried about my little Mazda 5 being rear ended by some of the drivers on a highway.

But found this little module that flashes the third brake light 6 times, then stays on. Also will not flash again unless the brake has been released for more than 8 seconds (so it's not flashing all the time).

Picked it up here -> http://www.kahtec.com/
They have other stuff too.

thought I'd post some pics so people can see how easy this is to install.

1. open hatch and pop off third brake light cover.
211qsmo.jpg

2. Wire in module
117s7r9.jpg

3. Install module. Fits nicely up there with some double sided tape.

Here's a video of it flashing.

Hope it helps (nana)(nana)

Last edited:
Good to pair this with the very similar rear brake light LEDs available from SuperbrightLEDs i have had a set on mine for about two and a half years and they have saved my ass numerous times...

Its almost funny to see how people react to your brake lights flashing at them. The idea came from motorcycles, which have had these as factory original for a while now. The initial flash draws your eye and forces you to react. Works wonders on the tailgating muppets out there LOL

Its almost funny to see how people react to your brake lights flashing at them. The idea came from motorcycles, which have had these as factory original for a while now. The initial flash draws your eye and forces you to react. Works wonders on the tailgating muppets out there LOL

(iagree)

I was just thinking I could have used something like this on my street bikes back in the day.

Good to pair this with the very similar rear brake light LEDs available from SuperbrightLEDs i have had a set on mine for about two and a half years and they have saved my ass numerous times...

Great idea OP. ^I was about to recommend the same thing for added safety. It's amazing how much quicker LEDs light up vs incandescent when brakes are applied..

Back