light bar on a CX-5??

I currently have the regular halogen lights. I got used to the LED's in my WRX and want them back. I am going to be installing VLED's Low beams within the next week and want the light bar to wire into my high beams.

You'll be disappointed in the LED PnP bulbs....they are NOT meant for halogen designed headlights. Won't be as bright, and might throw light everywhere causing glare to others.

You'll be disappointed in the LED PnP bulbs....they are NOT meant for halogen designed headlights. Won't be as bright, and might throw light everywhere causing glare to others.

I've had VLED'S in halogen housings before and loved them. Didn't have any issue with glare or anyone flash their hi's at me.

You should mention what kind of light bar do you have. An 8", 24"? We may have better ideas, if we know what do you have.

It's a 20" single row light bar. I believe I would have to make modified brackets to mount it to that front plate mount, but that isn't too hard.

Second thought you're right placing these lights are better off low...lower = better simply because those LED bars have no cutoff. They're basically going to throw out high beam light patterns to illuminate trees, signs, not to mention produce glare. Are these for off road use only or for improved lighting in the city?

Yes, lower is better. There is a Wrangler in my area with a massive LED light bar mounted to the middle of the grill, almost as high up as the headlights. It must be 8-12" high and 18-24" wide. Its freaking bright as hell... like staring into the sun or an overhead projector. I'm completely blinded every time that damn thing comes my way. I highly doubt its legal, but the cops around here don't seem to enforce any of the old auto laws anymore (heavy tints, wide tires extending beyond bumper flares, etc).

Yes, lower is better. There is a Wrangler in my area with a massive LED light bar mounted to the middle of the grill, almost as high up as the headlights. It must be 8-12" high and 18-24" wide. Its freaking bright as hell... like staring into the sun or an overhead projector. I'm completely blinded every time that damn thing comes my way. I highly doubt its legal, but the cops around here don't seem to enforce any of the old auto laws anymore (heavy tints, wide tires extending beyond bumper flares, etc).

When someone with high beams is behind me what I do is use my power mirrors and reflect the light back to them and off of me.

When someone with high beams is behind me what I do is use my power mirrors and reflect the light back to them and off of me.

I had a devious friend as a kid that put brake fluid in the rear washer tank... not sure if he did anything else but that was his revenge tactic. Brake fluid and auto paint are not a good mix!!!

EDIT: Sprayer was aimed rearward as well.

IMHO - that flare thing looks UGLY, it's like portion of butt sticking out all over the place... YMMV. The OEM streamlined look is simply: beautiful.

I had a devious friend as a kid that put brake fluid in the rear washer tank... not sure if he did anything else but that was his revenge tactic. Brake fluid and auto paint are not a good mix!!!

EDIT: Sprayer was aimed rearward as well.

A bit late but just read this.....man that's some old school James Bond stuff haha!!! I hope his car was a beater because that stuff would mess up his paint too. We hear about some crazy road rage stuff but one of these days someone's gonna get tired of being blinded by glare due to improperly aimed lights or pnp HIDs in reflectors and do something crazy.

Well, I have finally got the time to put the light bar on but I can't figure out how to upload pictures on here.

IMHO - that flare thing looks UGLY, it's like portion of butt sticking out all over the place... YMMV. The OEM streamlined look is simply: beautiful.

Wheel arch flare? I think it looks good in that example. It would look dumb at stock height with a oem offset wheel. Just like lowering with oem wheels.

Back