2016 CX-5 GT MMS Installation issues

Paragongx

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT Tech
Has anyone out there installed the Mazda Mobile Start system themselves? I'm having a heck of a time getting it to register and was hoping to get some insight from someone who may have already installed one. The physical installation went fine but when I got to the MMS Registration Procedure, I start having problems at step 3. Steps one and two appear to be successful based on the diagnostic LED but when I get to step three and press the start button twice with the advanced key the security indicator flashes. It flashes for probably about 30 seconds then finally stops. I've tried waiting it out till it finishes but that doesn't work (gives three flashes on the diagnostic led without doing anything else) and continuing while it is still flashing (this gives 1 flash when i complete the sequence). I've double and triple checked the installation and it looks per instruction. Anybody got any ideas or troubleshooting tips? Thanks in advance.

Doesn't the dealership have to program the car via the OBD?

It can all be done without dealership involvement. I've gone through this process and remember that step having issues as well, but unfortunately can't remember what the issue was.

I had mine dealer installed for my Wife's 2016 cx-5. She just advised me it hasn't work for the past couple of weeks. I have my own Droid log in so I tried from mine . Same thing it times out waiting to connect.It says Communication with the vehicle was interrupted please try again later. I guess I'll e-mail them, then call them during the week.

The directions are a pain in the ass, But they are very specific. I got stuck on that part of the procedure too. Turns out you have to use both keyfobs. The one you typically use, and then the spare. Only then will the procedure be complete.

I just installed mine last night and the only thing I can't do is start the car. I can unlock, lock, and locate it but I keep getting a "hood open" notification for trying to start it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Your hood switch is either not installed or installed incorrectly. U dont have a location in your sig. If US, it's mandatory to install the hood switch. Alternatively, slice wires and short it out, something i would heavily not recommend.

I never received a hood switch for mine, being it was a 2016 cx5 GT it is mentioned in the instructions on the install kit 0000-8F-R01 "(sold separately) only for vehicles without theft-deterrent". Perhaps an incomplete MMS check mode is preventing this from happening, meanwhile the registration was a success.

Correct and you don't have any factory alarms - or otherwise called theft deterrent system. It's only there in Canadian cars. Effectively you need the hood switch.

I never received a hood switch for mine, being it was a 2016 cx5 GT it is mentioned in the instructions on the install kit 0000-8F-R01 "(sold separately) only for vehicles without theft-deterrent". Perhaps an incomplete MMS check mode is preventing this from happening, meanwhile the registration was a success.

You need the hood switch. I talked to tech about it.

I thought the hood switch was an option, but its not. If you don't have it installed, or bypassed, it will count the same as one of the doors being opened. So, I installed the hood switch per the instructions, utilizing the "electro tap" provided, and then I tried the MMS registration again. It is painful to do, but I started to see the desired outcome. I used my phone's stopwatch to count for the seconds to be accurate, because it does matter to be precise. I completed the registration with both my keys and moved on into the verification, but I was not able to successfully perform per the instructions. However, it is just a VERIFICATION. I decided to try the app after unsuccessfully trying to do the verification steps for over an hour and everything works. In particular for the verification part, i could not get the result expected when the vehicle is supposed to start on its on when you put the key 5 feet away and you go back in the vehicle without the key and close the door. I heard the 2 horns, but never the following 2 and the engine start that the instructions mentions per step 10-2.

I'm happy with it so far. First year is free subscription then $65 per year after that. Seems pretty cheap to me.

Back