Fuel starting issue please help!!

SimonDM

:
Mx5 mk1 1.6
Hi guys! Hoping someone here can help as I've come to a dead end here!!
This issue is with the fuel system (car cranks won't fire)
It's a kit car build as I'm building a Westfield from a Mazda mx5 1.6 1990 mk1
The car is almost finished but I can't for the life of me get this thing to fire up! I'm a mechanic so I've got a lot of mechanical knowledge and experience so feel free to fire away any tests you would like me to try! But here's where I'm at so far!

The car will start and run if I spray easy start into the air intake and runs fine but I'm not getting fuel into the cylinders,I've got spark (obviously) I can't get the fuel pump to run on cranking but if I give it a live feed it runs and supply's fuel to the rail no problem but the injectors are not pulsing either but I do have a 12v feed to them all.... I've checked the fuel relay 6 pins and I've checked all feeds to the relay as per the manual..... I have come across a problem where the pin "fc" isn't going to ground upon cranking which is meant to according to the Haynes manual everything else checks out ok from what I've tested so far! But I'm at a loss now as I have no wiring diagrams to trace where the wire goes to? So I'm lost do you think a bad earth? Or ecu issue? Any help I would appreciate so much!! Many thanks

Simon

Back