2007 Remote Start Question

:
2007 CX9
Hey, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, new here. Couldn't find an answer in other threads. The remote start for my 07 CX9 has worked likely three times since I purchased it in 2010. I'm freezing my butt off these days and really want it to work. I've downloaded a remote manual for a newer cx7, but thought those instructions should work. Sadly, nope. The car finder feature works (beep beep beep) after pressing and holding the remote button briefly. The instructions for actually turning the car on state I should press and hold once, then press and hold again within a three second period and the car will start five seconds after the second press. Well, the car finder feature works great. Beep, Beep, Beep each time I press and hold for that action. Then when I want to start the car I press briefly, get a soft beep beep, press again within the three seconds and the car does not start.

Can anyone fill me in as to what I'm not getting? Or should I get a new battery in the remote device? I feel pretty stupid that it hasn't ever worked but infrequently since the day I brought it home. I just found a manual for the 09 version so trying that.

Thanks and happy new year folks.

Chilly

Back