This will be hard to explain without having the pictures posted but I will try. The pic of the fusebox looks fine, not all the circuits are used and the main fuse is missing a cap but it should be fine. The second pic is the connector for the secondary O2 sensor and the ground wire bolts to a bracket on the side of the head. Third pic looks like the connector for the IAC on top of the throttle body. The circled solenoid should be the FPR solenoid but it has a brown connector, the white connector is the VICS connector which is further to the passenger side on top of the intake. Fourth pic the brake booster line runs to the back of the intake, be sure to get a stock line and install it the right way because there is a check valve inside to make sure the booster only sees vacuum. The nipple on the FP solenoid runs to the Fuel Pressure Regulator on the fuel rail. The next pic of the charcoal canister on the firewall is a vac line that runs to the purge valve, it has a check valve/filter on it as well and the line on the other side of the check valve for the purge valve is a smaller diameter. The next pic is the FPR, that vac line should run to the FP solenoid near the throttle body. The next photo of the white connector should run to the VICS solenoid on the passenger side of the intake, the green connector is for the VTCS flaps but the FSZE intake doesn't have these so just plug the white connector into that solenoid and plug the stock VTCS solenoid in with the green connector and tie it out of the way. The last photo of the brown connector is for the FP solenoid

Holy crap Hornsfan you are the man!!! If I'm ever near Austin or you're ever near Cincinnati I owe you a beer!

Last edited:
Quick update on where the car is at. I'm running a bit of frankenstein FS. It's mostly a ZE but has the DE fuel rail (had some issues with the ZE rail) and DE throttle body, also I deleted the black box to get the DE rail to fit.
The crank pulley and sensor are swapped, got a new P5 radiator but haven't got the fans on it yet (old one was busted, also not running boost until the motor gets built, then FMIC hence the bigger radiator). It looks like I just need these last few little things, bleed and refill the clutch/brake and power steering and I should hopefully be driving a MSP with an FS-ZE motor!!

Do we need the charcoal canister? is there a sensor for it that plugs in under the intake? It looked like it should plug in there but didn't fit. If we can delete or bypass the canister how would that be done?

I believe you can delete the charcoal canister, I've never done it personally and don't have any details on how to do so. The purge solenoid is near the throttle body and the vac line from the canister runs to it.

Back