16/17 Rota RBs?`

datsunfreak

:
2013 Mazda2 Touring
Thinking about these and wondering if anyone is already running them? They come in a 16x7 +40 and a 17x7.5 +45.

17x7.5

s-l500.jpg

16x7

s-l500.jpg

I like the old school look in a newer bigger size. I've used them before on several Datsuns, just never on a modern car. Thoughts?

Might need a thin spacer with those offsets too, to fill up the fenders?

Last edited:
I think 17s look entirely too big on the 2. Also, check out the chaparral wheel. Similar classic design, 15x7 +38. RSpeed has them. Super popular with the miata folks.

Running 15x7 RB's: I desperately wanted a Minilite/Panasport look, but neither manufacturer would make the fitment. ROTA to the rescue! The wheels are not all that light (around 15 lbs. each, I think), and are not built with tire pressure sensors in mind (had to add a bunch of weight to balance 'em). Other than those 2 gripes, I have no complaints. It's THE LOOK that I've dreamed of for many decades. I am happy. :)

You like 17's? That's all that matters. This is YOUR car, this is YOUR art. Express as you will. Me? I kinda like the look (especially DAT PIC), but the roads here (northeastern Ohio USA) are minefields, and an ultra-low-aspect tire would be suicide for the wheels IMHO.

Good luck with your decision and (of course) post pix! Cheers!

Back