Infotainment modications on CX-5 AWD 2016 GT - Can it be done ?

CX5_QC

:
CX-5 GT AWD
I see a lot of conversations and threads on other forums about people tweaking their infotainment system to reduce start time, remove security warning, disable speed-touch restriction when driving, etc. but I don<t see much conversation about the topic here.

Has anyone modified their infotainment system ?

From what i read it seems fairly easy with a usb stick but I don't want to mess up my ride that I will be picking up next week.

Thoughts, Advices ?

Thanks to those of you who take the time to share your knowledge!

As a regular typical guy who doesn<t know much about tuning, I appreciate it! :)

its up to you. Although I am tech savvy I have not done it, in most cases you need to 1st. enable WiFi. Also, when there's a firmware update all these tweaks need to be re-applied. To each his own. Frankly other than disable speed touch restriction I don't see much value.

I heard all can be done via a usb stick without enabled wifi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no wifi enabling required, it is an optional thing to tweak if desired

otherwise - easy to do, and undo, with a usb stick - takes maybe 3 minutes
there's a master bundle you can edit to only have the tweaks you want enabled

The msg with the v55 master bundle says it'll mess up the compass and txt msg will be read out loud always, is that true ?

Yep, the compass gets "broken" but the GPS coordinates still update. I bought the nav SD card off eBay, so I'm navigation-enabled and don't use the compass feature any more. I don't know why you wouldn't want the texts read out loud, so that doesn't bother me. Overall, I really like the tweaks. The nag screen is shortened and I can add my own custom background image, which is fun as I'm a photography enthusiast.

It really only took a few minutes to implement once I got the files copied to the USB stick properly. Piece of cake... and reversible.

Gary

+1 Super easy to do.

Tried installing Android Auto on my phone but it was tool old and not compatible.

The msg with the v55 master bundle says it'll mess up the compass and txt msg will be read out loud always, is that true ?
you can take all notes made in the index by qbord as accurate IMO
compass has continued to work fine for us - qbord too as he comments elsewhere - so it seems variable

otherwise - suggest looking through the info there - lots of users, lots of comments, lots of did or did not work for me LOL

basically - if the changes meet what you want -it's a handy thing
you can always remove the touchscreen/compass part of the bundle manually
or remove the entire tweak easily with the undo file

I have applied the tweaks on my '16 and it works perfectly. I now have touchscreen while driving, background changed slightly, WiFi enabled but of no use and the darn disclaimer now appears - briefly only.
I have also applied the combo video and speedometer tweak and its appearing in Apps. It works perfectly with the known limitations like FFWD, RWD, not present and have tested it.
In all cases it was done thru USB Install process and it takes no more than 20 to 30 seconds to complete. The other site's forum index has all the information.
I took out the NAV CD card and found compass to be working.

Awesome!
Cant wait to try it :)

What background image did you use ?

The one that came with the tweak. There're various options including animated ones but I thought to play it safe first and go with the default as provided in the tweak.
Also, I have the USB stick in car with the uninstall script just in case I need to go to the dealership. Somewhere I read the dealer refused to fix some Bluetooth issue when it was determined the Infotainment was hacked. It in fact went into some Mazda service record and the OP tried going to a different dealer who said the same thing.

I have applied the tweaks on my '16 and it works perfectly. I now have touchscreen while driving, background changed slightly, WiFi enabled but of no use and the darn disclaimer now appears - briefly only.
I have also applied the combo video and speedometer tweak and its appearing in Apps. It works perfectly with the known limitations like FFWD, RWD, not present and have tested it.
In all cases it was done thru USB Install process and it takes no more than 20 to 30 seconds to complete. The other site's forum index has all the information.
I took out the NAV CD card and found compass to be working.

I'm interested in the speedometer hack but don't know how to modify the inital script on windows and to play it safe :(

Does it show in KPH or only MPH ?

Would the video script work if I have an iphone or does it only work in pair with an android device ?

I'm interested in the speedometer hack but don't know how to modify the inital script on windows and to play it safe :(

Does it show in KPH or only MPH ?

Would the video script work if I have an iphone or does it only work in pair with an android device ?

In the index part 2, there's an updated video script, take that. I believe he removed the KPH/MPH altogether.

As for iphone/android - none. You need to load the video in USB, then plug it in. There's ANOTHER video app which can ONLY work for Android phones but there also you'll need the actual video file in USB. The controls (forward/reverse/play/stop) can however be done thru phone. Also it supports more video formats.

Back