CAD 310+ tax for 24 month service? whats your thoughts on it?

joemon1984

:
cx5 2014 GT
hi fellow drivers,

I am due for a 24 month service on my cx5 2014. the price for service is CAD 310 and tax. includes oil cahnge, calipers, brake inspection and tightening of bolts and all. is it worth paying for it? can I do it at a local dealer than driving 1.5 hours to mazda dealer? kindly advice

hi fellow drivers,

I am due for a 24 month service on my cx5 2014. the price for service is CAD 310 and tax. includes oil cahnge, calipers, brake inspection and tightening of bolts and all. is it worth paying for it? can I do it at a local dealer than driving 1.5 hours to mazda dealer? kindly advice

I paid about $268 (including tax) but my oil change was free. I also think on that bill, they charged me $5.99 for a new FOB battery. Considering most places charge about $60 for an oil change. I'd say $310 is probably close to the going rate for a dealer. I'd say it's over priced for what they do which is mainly inspections. They do take the calipers apart and grease the sliders/pins, etc. and spray some lube in door hinges, etc. Very expensive for maybe an hours worth of work. Any good mechanic should be able to do this, I wouldn't drive 1.5 hours unless you think there is something else specific to Mazda that should be looked at (in my case, I think they did a firmware update to my Tom Tom system at no charge) - Edit, they also replaced my engine air filter at this time.

Back