Choosing a replacement engine

peeenl

:
2001 Mazda MP3
Hello again everyone. The MP3 is running pretty well now, and I'm turning my attention a bit to the MSP I bought for nothing. It didn't run, compression was awful. I'm really just trying to put it together for a sale. I've thought about just buying another FSDE so I can swap out a little easier. I was calling LKQs in Missouri. Does it make any difference whether I get an engine that was a manual or an automatic? I don't think it does, but they have it as non-interchangeable in their system. BTW, they are showing the MSP engine as being different from the non MSP engines as well.

Being an MP3 owner, I've had a lot of ideas here and there; and done a lot of research. I'm not tracking a difference between any differenct model FSDEs other than the intake manifold on the MP3. Timing differences should be solved by my MSP ECU. I've got the manual transmission to use, and the car is already as such. Anything I'm missing?

I've also checked my turbo. It spins freely, and just has a touch of play. I'm not a turbo expert though, and I always see them advertised with __mm of play. If mine is just noticably moving, should that be ok?

An FS-DE out of any protg will work. If it's out of an automatic car you'll need to swap your transmission spacer plate on once you get the auto pressure plate off. The only difference in the MSP engine is the fitting for the turbo oil return in the windage tray, but you can swap your stock one over to the new engine easily.

Back