Homelink / Compass Mirror Compatability 2009 / 2015

Pyroboy

:
2009 Mazda5 GT Luxury
So I'm thinking of trading / selling my 2009 5 for a 2015 model. I was wondering if the Homelink / compass mirror I added to the 2009 can be moved over to the 2015. Anyone know?

Thanks!

P3220136.jpg

The color, 5 spd, GT package, '09 (before TCS nannies), and even the bug shield. That is THE Mazda 5 I would love to own!

If you added it to the '09, you can remove and add it to the '15. The homelink and compass are self contained in the unit (+sensor) and independat of the car - just apply power.

The mirror should be easy to move. It might be easier to leave the wiring harness in the old and just but a new one from the dealership.

Saves you the removal time from the old ride. Just release the spring clip and slide the homelink mirror off.

You could probably take the mirror from your new ride and put it in the old ride.

I'm thinking of adding an autodim mirror to our 2012 M5 Sport. I'm hoping there is a connector already installed up by the map lights - anyone know for sure?

Thanks - JMJ

My wife wants this. Couple questions;

1. Is there a connector waiting at the bottom of a driver a-pillar? I'm familiar with splicing but would rather not in a confined space and on this new of a car.
  2. Is $208 USD a good price for the OEM unit?
  3. Has anyone had good luck with an aftermarket unit?

I'm noticing a few different p/n's for units with auto-dimming, compass, and homelink;

0000-8C-H73
0000-8C-H73
0000-8C-R01A
0000-8C-Z08B

... and probably more if I keep looking. They look identical and I'm sure they all just need +12v and ground to work, but I want to make sure I get one that keeps the cable going up to the headliner covered and fits the best. I also don't know if colors (buttons/button illumination, compass display) differ between them or not. If anyone who has installed this can show a picture of theirs and provide their p/n, I would be grateful.

Last edited:
I recently came into possession for a compass/home link mirror out of a m6. Unsure of the year, but it's a Gentex 313. I have the sunroof and planning to steal power. Anyone have the pin out? It's a 10 pin connector but with 3 wires in pin 6, 8, 10. Can't seem to to find anything with 3 wires. Most of what I have found is 7 wire connector in a 12 pin connector. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Tx-6S7Zej9Z3ZBanZFOHZhREE

Last edited:
I recently came into possession for a compass/home link mirror out of a m6. Unsure of the year, but it's a Gentex 313. I have the sunroof and planning to steal power. Anyone have the pin out? It's a 10 pin connector but with 3 wires in pin 6, 8, 10. Can't seem to to find anything with 3 wires. Most of what I have found is 7 wire connector in a 12 pin connector. Thanks.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3Tx-6S7Zej9Z3ZBanZFOHZhREE

This may help you:

https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24...8.1690837812.1500676604-1863365783.1500676604

Back