2016 cx5 GT - no light in glove compartment?

also no lock :(
I've seen some cheap cars have no light in glove compartment, but it's the first time seen a glove compartment has no lock! Cost cutting is too much overdone here!

I've seen some cheap cars have no light in glove compartment, but it's the first time seen a glove compartment has no lock! Cost cutting is too much overdone here!

I've never known anyone to actually use the lock on the glove compartment. I'd be willing to bet that few people actually miss having a lock.

I've never known anyone to actually use the lock on the glove compartment. I'd be willing to bet that few people actually miss having a lock.

I was going to say! I think the last time I locked a glove box was as a small child playing with the lock on my parents 1968 AMC Rambler station wagon.

I keep my registration and insurance card in the glove box, so I wish I could lock it like every other car Ive ever had...even a Jeep Wrangler.

It's the new hot thing for car theft rings... insurance cards

Once in your car, whats to stop a thief from breaking the lock (another out of pocket expense to you) and stealing its contents?

I suspect there is no glove box lock because the key fob doesnt promote key carrying. Would be nice to have though though.

I suspect there is no glove box lock because the key fob doesnt promote key carrying. Would be nice to have though though.

That's why I found it odd our CRV has a glove box lock, as it has a keyless ignition like our CX5. I guess you'd have to slide the emergency key out of the FOB to lock/unlock it.

The Honda CRV has neither a lock nor light in the glove box.
Even our 1998 Honda CR-V EX has locking glove compartment! What year is yours?

Our 2015 CRV EX has a locking glove box, but no light.
At least the passenger map light on our CR-V aimed at glove compartment You can see stuff in the night by turning the map light on.

It's the new hot thing for car theft rings... insurance cards
Once in your car, whats to stop a thief from breaking the lock (another out of pocket expense to you) and stealing its contents?
It's still depends. Those thieves can get into any car if they want to! We once had a break-in to our CR-V on our driveway in the night. The guy took everything valuable which are easy to access, but left locked glove compartment, Sony stereo head-unit, alone! May be our old faithful Brownie started barking from the backyard scared the thief away!

My glove compartment has a light that comes on at the same time the car detects that the navigation interface should be dimmed not to blind you. Have you checked this? Its a european 2013/2014 model. No lock though

Back