I wanna go fast

tpark97

:
2005 mazda 3 GS, automatic
Hey everybody so I am new to this forum, but I currently purchased a mazda 3 2005 automatic hatchback not long ago. I am looking to get as much speed out of my car as possible. I have currently done a muffler delete and I have a Short ram intake I have put in it as well. Therefore I am just wondering what else could I add to my vehicle to get more HP?

Thanks and here's a pic of my 3 now

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Lighter wheels will grant you faster acceleration, better braking, and quicker steering response.

Lighter wheels will grant you faster acceleration, better braking, and quicker steering response.
Yeah I was planning on getting some rims and brakes for after winter. But what would I do for the steering response ?

The lighter wheels will quicken your steering response, since there will be less rotating mass to transition. I plan to get wheels that will each weigh almost 10 pounds less compared to the anchors that were supplied at the factory.

Yeah I'm hoping to do so too before summer because I still have the stock ones on

I was also thinking of getting a new intake manifold off of car id think this is a good purchase

A true CAI which positions the air filter in the airstream (typically right behind the front grill), coupled with a higher-flowing exhaust can increase horsepower. However, it's main benefit is preventing a loss of horsepower because of high intake air temperatures. With an SRI, every time you shut down your engine for a while, engine heat builds up in the engine bay, so that when you start your engine again, the intake is drawing in heated air. The engine's ECU can change ignition timing to prevent knocking, but that can reduce horsepower. You can see how long it takes for your intake air to drop below 100 degrees F by installing a ScanGauge 2. My intake air temp reaches over 140 degrees F after an engine bay "heat soak", and it will take quite a while on the highway to bring that intake air temperature down.
My MX5 has a Mazdaspeed CAI. When I start my car after heatsoak, the initial intake temp at startup may reach 90F but quickly drops to ambient temperature when I start driving, even at low speeds.
The thing I don't like about true CAI systems is what happens during a rainstorm. The filter gets soaked and some of that moisture is getting pulled into the engine. It may not hurt anything if the engine is fully warmed up but I prefer not to take the chance. That's why I avoid driving the MX5 in the rain.

A true CAI which positions the air filter in the airstream (typically right behind the front grill), coupled with a higher-flowing exhaust can increase horsepower. However, it's main benefit is preventing a loss of horsepower because of high intake air temperatures. With an SRI, every time you shut down your engine for a while, engine heat builds up in the engine bay, so that when you start your engine again, the intake is drawing in heated air. The engine's ECU can change ignition timing to prevent knocking, but that can reduce horsepower. You can see how long it takes for your intake air to drop below 100 degrees F by installing a ScanGauge 2. My intake air temp reaches over 140 degrees F after an engine bay "heat soak", and it will take quite a while on the highway to bring that intake air temperature down.
My MX5 has a Mazdaspeed CAI. When I start my car after heatsoak, the initial intake temp at startup may reach 90F but quickly drops to ambient temperature when I start driving, even at low speeds.
The thing I don't like about true CAI systems is what happens during a rainstorm. The filter gets soaked and some of that moisture is getting pulled into the engine. It may not hurt anything if the engine is fully warmed up but I prefer not to take the chance. That's why I avoid driving the MX5 in the rain.
Okay thanks so I'll probably jaut stick to the short ram intake because I drive my car in winter and when it rains but thanks for the info.

Back