2016 CX-5 - CD Player Question

misterxy

:
Mazda 2016 CX-5
Hi Guys,

Just got my new 2016 CX-5 Touring. I listen to audio books (books on CD) while I am driving. However, what I found out was that every time I stopped the car and restarted it, the CD started from track 1. It didn't start from where I left off! I read the manual and quick guide and it says this is normal if I use USB memory sticks. But I am using a CD! In all the cars that I have driven, the CD always starts from where I left off next time I re-start the car. Did I miss anything?? Any one has the same problem? Thank you for the help!

-misterxy

I'm not too sure. Sometimes my usb starts over and sometimes it doesn't. I'd recommend burning it to pc, upload to phone or usb. Can't remeber the last time I used a CD was.

I have used cd books on mine. I think I hit pause before I shut off the car to get gas and it restarted in place when I selected play after restarting the car...

Hi Guys,

Just got my new 2016 CX-5 Touring. I listen to audio books (books on CD) while I am driving. However, what I found out was that every time I stopped the car and restarted it, the CD started from track 1. It didn't start from where I left off! I read the manual and quick guide and it says this is normal if I use USB memory sticks. But I am using a CD! In all the cars that I have driven, the CD always starts from where I left off next time I re-start the car. Did I miss anything?? Any one has the same problem? Thank you for the help!

-misterxy

Mine starts from where it left off.

Thank you guys. The 'Pause' trick worked fine. If I don't use it, it either starts from track 1 or the CD loading failed and knocked the "CD" option out of the Entertainment selection list. I will have to try a different CD. I only have this car for 3 days...

Thank you guys. The 'Pause' trick worked fine. If I don't use it, it either starts from track 1 or the CD loading failed and knocked the "CD" option out of the Entertainment selection list. I will have to try a different CD. I only have this car for 3 days...

I don't use the pause, I just mute before I turn the car off and mine starts right back up from where it left off. I do have the latest firmware upgraded, .73 I believe.
Don't remember what it did before the upgrade back in Oct but I'm pretty sure if it did that I would remember since I listen to a lot of music CD's.

My CD player starts where it was when I restart the car without doing anything. My USB used to restart at the beginning until I had the TSB for that problem done.

By the way, what is the latest update version? I'm planning to lease soon and want to check to make the particular car has the latest version? Thanks!

Back