Diagram showing roof support locations?

:
2015 CX-5 Touring
Is there a diagram that shows the location of the roof support "ribs" in a CX-5? I have a 2015 Touring and will be installing the permanent Thule roof rack tracks by drilling into the roof. I'm hoping I can find some sort of schematic that shows me where the support ribs are located so I can avoid drilling into them. Thanks!

Isn't there some adapter or something that can adapt the Thule system to the factory rails that are already there? They're under the plastic covers on each side.

This just seems like a bad idea.

Maybe these will help?

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%205.44.57%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%205.45.28%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%205.45.51%20AM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%205.46.16%20AM.png

Isn't there some adapter or something that can adapt the Thule system to the factory rails that are already there? They're under the plastic covers on each side.

This just seems like a bad idea.

It's actually a fine idea. Very common. The hardware is all available. No need to even remove the headliner - the tracks bolt down with a blind insertion expanding nut.

I need to mount a long ski box on my roof. Due to the short roof line and poorly placed fixed-mount points, it is absolutely impossible to mount a long enough box (my skis are up to 190cm long) on the CX-5 roof.

Drilling into the roof to install the track is 100% the only possible way to do what I need.

And hence - I need the schematic for the roof supports. And airbags, now that I think about it.

Last edited:
Brilliant, thank you!

Now I just need to find a way to translate those drawings into actual measurements and locations...

Have you thought of installing a rack system to the fixed point locations that the oem side rails would mount to? It might allow the forward bar to be more forward

Back