Infotainment System - Delete all contacts from communication section

mdolan

:
2016 CX-5 Touring
Just bought a new 2016 CX-5 Touring. Really liking it so far.

One issue I have is when I setup the Bluetooth, I added my phone as a device, it found it and asked to sync with the device. My phone started asking me if I want the car to have access to contacts, email, and a few other things. I just said yes to everything. After it did all the syncing it needed to do, I went to my contacts under communications and it had added contacts for every email in each account on my phone. There are hundreds of them that I don't want.

So at this point I just want to clear them all and resync. I will only give it access to what I want now that I know what it is going to do.

Problem is I can not find how to do a delete all contacts. I have looked through the owners manual and have done the Gooogling but I have not found how to delete all contacts. Any help would be great.

Please note that I have read that the Infotainment system for the 2016s has been completely redesigned. So if there was a way on the older systems it is probably not the same anymore.

Thank you.

Matt

EDIT: As I was finishing writing this post, I was trying to put in tags and a list popped up based on what I was typing, I down arrowwed and hit enter but instead of just putting the tag in, it posted the post. I tried editing it so I could put some tags in but I can't see how to do that once you hit edit. Is the lack of tags going to effect the visibility of the post?

Last edited:
Just reset the car to factory defaults, then pair your phone again.

I tried the "reset to factory" defaults, I think it was in the Settings section, but the contacts are still there. Is that the right reset? I also removed the device and repaired it but I'm not sure that I did them in that order. It is 7 degrees F here right now at 6:30pm so I'll go out tomorrow and try that again in that order. I'll let you know if that works. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
OK.

I verified that using the reset to factory default under settings in the Bluetooth section does remove the contacts. The problem then was that the second I paired the phone again they automatically synced. I tried this many times. I eventually had to remove the device from the car, and remove the car from the device, I removed the email accounts from my phone, reset factory settings, paired the phone back to the car, allowed it to sync, turned off the automatic sync of contacts, then added my email accounts back to the phone.

Back