It's safe to leave the car charger plugged in right?

gregdpw

:
Does fusion
Does anyone keep Thier car charger plugged in all
Time? In my last car I left it plugged in but it only powered on when the car was on. Now since I have the 2016 Mazda 3 it stays on all the time. I just wanna keep it plugged in without a phone connected to it. So when I get into my car I can just take my phone and quickly plug it into the cable. I want to use the car charger becuase it seems to charge my phone faster than the USB connection. Thanks guys

You'll be fine. I keep the charger plugged in even when parked for a couple of days without driving it and the car starts without issues. Just the plug itself doesn't draw much current, if any, so that's not an issue.

Typically, current isn't consumed unless a device is plugged in. For example, (most older vehicles) if you want to leave your trunk open all night, you could remove the bulb and not worry about ending up with a dead battery. Newer vehicles will shut off lights automatically after a period of time.

Typically, current isn't consumed unless a device is plugged in. For example, (most older vehicles) if you want to leave your trunk open all night, you could remove the bulb and not worry about ending up with a dead battery. Newer vehicles will shut off lights automatically after a period of time.

hell my old 03 protege 5 would kill all the lights after a short period of time and lock the doors if you unlocked them and never opened one. my newer 08 3 does this as well. mazda is the only car company i know of (until the last few years) that would have the interior lights and/or headlights shut off if left on while car is not running and theyre still the only one i know of that auto relocks the doors if you accidentally unlock them

the only one i know of that auto relocks the doors if you accidentally unlock them
Actually many manufacturers do this and have had that feature for over 10 years. My 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse had it and so did my 2005 Accord, my wife's 2008 RAV4, my 2014 MB CLA, and my 2015 Mazda 3. They will all automatically lock itself if you unlock it without opening any of the doors for 30 seconds.

Some chargers, such as mine, has a little light on it telling you that it is on so by leaving it plugged in like I do it does draw some current, but certainly not enough to drain the battery a noticable amount even for days.

If you disassemble up the car charger (usually one screw on side plus unscrewing the tip) you will see the LED with a small resistor in parallel to the main circuit . I just cut that out with a small pair of wire cutters, now the LED light lights no more.

I don't know about these cars, but I've had a lot of cars that will basically shutoff all auxiliary power if the battery voltage drops below a certain threshold.

This depend on which kind car charger you bought. If this brand car charger is good enough, there is no problem to leave it. If not, you should pay more attention on this way. Bestek 300w power inverter is the tool for me to charge laptop, camera and phone. I learned how to use Bestek 300w power inverter from its guide. You can learn more detail functions about it on here.

hell my old 03 protege 5 would kill all the lights after a short period of time and lock the doors if you unlocked them and never opened one. my newer 08 3 does this as well. mazda is the only car company i know of (until the last few years) that would have the interior lights and/or headlights shut off if left on while car is not running and theyre still the only one i know of that auto relocks the doors if you accidentally unlock them

It all depends on what you consider is "old". My 1989 Mazda MX6 GT drained its battery a few times over the years because one of the car doors wasn't closed all the way. There was no auto shutoff in that car or my 1973 Mazda RX3, either.

Back