2008 CX-7: Immediately after changing oil, what sounds like a blow-off valve - help!

msbcx7

:
2008 CX-7 GT
Hi,

My 100k mile GT just got an oil change before a 500 mile road trip. On the drive I noticed that under a certain amount of acceleration there is a sound a lot like a blow-off valve and some rushing air, almost but not quite a whining sound, almost like something was kind of blocking an air intake - a sustained abnormal sound. No loss of acceleration, no white smoke. When I let off the gas a little the sound shuts off, much like a blow-off valve. Step on it again and it comes back. I have not heard this before.

Any ideas of where I can begin to figure this out?

Thanks!

Another quick point, I only start hearing the noise just after 2k rpm and only when moving, not when parked.

I am having the exact same problem. When in motion, regardless of speed, when the revs hit between 2000-2500 there is a loud whining/whistling sound coming from the engine. It almost sounds like trying to tune an old AM radio. It does not do this when it is stopped, or idling, only when it is moving. Did you find out what your problem was?

I would check any of the air intake hoses. When I was reassembling my CX-7 after pulling the manifold off, I experienced this sound while driving above a certain threshold as well. I checked under the hood and noticed that the hose clamp wasn't seated on the connection or tightened. I tightened it up, and it sounded normal afterwards.

I am having the exact same problem. When in motion, regardless of speed, when the revs hit between 2000-2500 there is a loud whining/whistling sound coming from the engine. It almost sounds like trying to tune an old AM radio. It does not do this when it is stopped, or idling, only when it is moving. Did you find out what your problem was?
Bad Turbo. It went 13 months after first one was replaced.

Back