2016 CX-5 Infotainment Update

Bloodbones

:
CX-5 Touring 2019
Hi everyone,

New here on these forums.

I have a question for you regarding my cellphone compatibility with the Mazda Infotainment. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and everything works perfectly fine with the system except I can't browse my artists, albums, songs etc.. in the Mazda screen. On the Mazda site, my phone was not listed as compatible so I thought this was the explanation. Though recently they added it as 100% compatible. So when I got my tires changed, I asked for a system update. I had the version 55.750 I think, and they updated it to 55.753 or something like that. Though, somewhere I think I saw that the newer version was 56 but can't seem to find it now.

After the update they did, it still doesn't work. I still can't browse the Artist, song, album etc.. I tried unpairing and re-pair but still the same.

Do you have a solution? Or maybe tell me what is the latest version available?

Thank you in advance :)

Alex

I have an S6 Edge and can certainly try out what you're trying to do. Are you plugging in your phone via usb and trying it that way? I've just been using bluetooth with my s6. Let me know your setup and I can try it.

As for the system version, my current version is 55.00.753. I haven't heard of any update as of late but would love one.

You won't be able to browse artist/song/album etc over bluetooth with the Mazda system, but that info should show on the display when playing.

I have an S6 Edge and can certainly try out what you're trying to do. Are you plugging in your phone via usb and trying it that way? I've just been using bluetooth with my s6. Let me know your setup and I can try it.

As for the system version, my current version is 55.00.753. I haven't heard of any update as of late but would love one.

When I'm plugging it USB, it shows me a list of songs but it's all listed alphabetically and too complicated. I always use Bluetooth Audio but can't seem to browse artists, songs etc..

You won't be able to browse artist/song/album etc over bluetooth with the Mazda system, but that info should show on the display when playing.

Weird because I tried with my brothers Iphone 4S over Bluetooth audio and I was able to browse Artists, songs, albums etc.. But not with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.. Though on the Mazda website, the S6 Edge is listed 100% compatible...

I would love to be able to browse Artists etc.. with the system and not take my phone to change Artists etc..

Just checked for my Verizon s6 edge, all USB options are noted to not be compatible with the cx5. So probably why its not working.

Just checked for my Verizon s6 edge, all USB options are noted to not be compatible with the cx5. So probably why its not working.

Where do you get this information? Also, why does the Mazda Infotainment website now states the Galaxy S6 Edge is fully compatible if we can't get this option to work?

You can view the USB different ways: Songs, Albums, Artists, Folders, etc.....I always use folder view. On my drive, each artist or genre has it's own folder. It's all about how you organize, and view.

You can view the USB different ways: Songs, Albums, Artists, Folders, etc.....I always use folder view. On my drive, each artist or genre has it's own folder. It's all about how you organize, and view.

Yeah but I want to be able to do this via Bluetooth Audio. My brother's Iphone 4S was able to do it.

mazda.ca
owners
mazda connect
might depend on the phone OR the carrier

not see the s6 edge listed

where did you find the above?

Same place as you. Where you search if your device is compatible or not. But where do you find what is the latest version?

Is it worthwhile carrying it back to dealer to update software to version 753 from 750 ?

it would be easier to drive

@Bloodbones
using nav system
settings (far right icon)
system
about
version info

it would be easier to drive

@Bloodbones
using nav system
settings (far right icon)
system
about
version info

Ha,ha good one. Let me rephrase my question. Are the differences between 750 and 753 enough to justify driving to the dealer to get the update ?

think there were a few nag items that got fixed for most people - unfortunately there doesn't seem to be an easy to find changelog for these

if it's working fine, i'd wait for next service or other visit to have it done
depends on dealer too - some seem to claim they never heard of it etc ...

edit: google found it
download link: View attachment 753-MAZDA CONNECT FUNCTIONALITY CONCERNS.pdf
Some vehicles may experience the symptoms mentioned below, which can be fixed with the latest software update (Version 55.00.753 or later).
• Turn -by-turn navigation guidance does not display on on the active driving display (for vehicles with 55.00.750).
• Every time the navigation is turned on, the vehicle position starts from the location (dealer) where the CMU was updated from version 55.00.650 to 55.00.750.
• Navigation or other screen turn black, freeze or reboot.
• System does not recognize USB/SD card.
• Some menu of music source selection is grayed out.
• When using the call button on the cell phone to make a call, the call sound is short.
• Favorites disappear.
• Vehicle current position is not accurate enough.
• Rear view monitor does not show up on screen.
• Text information of HD radio is not displayed when switching music source.
• When asking for current location with voice command “Where am I?”, the system responds with “Your location is comma.”
• Contact information cannot be loaded correctly from phones other than iPhone.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Since I do not have any issues at this time I'll just wait for first service

Back