Anyone have a 2015 cx-5 head unit wiring diagram?

Billyb1775

:
2015 CX-5 AWD Touring
Hello everyone!

I am completely redoing the audio system in my 2015 cx-5. I'm looking for the wiring diagram fr the factory non-Bose head unit. If anyone has one or knows of another thread where there is one posted I would really appreciate it.

I have already replaced all 4 door speakers with Infinity Primus PR6052is using the factory speaker pods as adapter brackets, worked out amazing. I am installing a Hifonics Zeus ZRX1016.4 1000w amp for the door speakers, 2 pioneer TS-SWX2502 compact subs under the back seat powered by a Hifonics Zeus ZRX1216.1D mono block amp.
I will be using a Lanzar SNV695B double din 7" video head unit. This head unit has inputs for the steering controls and inputs for the CAN-bus vehicle communication. If all my research is correct this unit wont need any adapters to maintain full steering wheel controls and has triggers for the backup camera. I will post my progress as it goes along.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Last edited:
Stick some tweeters in the dash. It's already wired and ready to go.

I was thinking about putting some 3-1/2 inch full range in but I'm going to see how it sounds with the amps installed. The infinities on the factory radio pound out the tunes clear as day. Now their broken in according to the factory they are ready for the real power. 125w rms x 4 should do fine......

This thread is a bit old but the title is relevant!

I'm installing an audio system in my 2015 CX-5 without the Bose audio system, and no schematics I can find line up with what I've got. Would anyone be able to help me out and tell me which wires are which, as I need to cut the front and rear audio outputs so that I can connect them to the new amplifier!

I've pulled each of the connections out one at a time while playing music, and the blue socket with white connector is the only one that stops the music (and turns the unit off), so I figure it's the speakers (they fade out though, rather than stop instantly which is weird...)

End of connector:

Top of connector:

Underside of connector:

Rear of headunit:

Thank you!

Just an update - the speaker cabling was actually run from a secondary amplifier located next to the accelerator in the footwell, and not from the head unit at all. Once I worked this out, everything was a lot simpler...
None of the documentation I've seen online mentions a separate unit located in the drivers side footwell!

Back