08 smart key fob battery

pchrist

Can some please confirm the battery for the remote? I have a 2025 in now. Getting poor signal and repeated key showing up on dash. Believe it to be battery. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2025 is correct. I have CX-9 for 2 years and already 3 times replaced battery in my smart key.

2025 is correct. I have CX-9 for 2 years and already 3 times replaced battery in my smart key.

yep, same here for a 2013 CX-9 advanced key, had to keep replacing the 2025 batteries

I switched to a 2032 battery and it has lasted over a year now,

it fits just as well as the OEM 2025 battery

just FYI -

http://www.jammersix.com/archives/cr2025-vs-cr2032-batteries-whats-the-difference/

These CR2025 and CR2032 are both 3V lithium batteries that are identical in diameter. When I returned home, I actually found an unopened pack of CR2025 batteries in the kitchen cabinet so I did a side-by-side comparison.

So what’s the difference between the CR2025 and the CR2032?

As it turns out, the only thing that differs between these batteries is thickness (and hence capacity). The CR2025 is thinner than the CR2032, but they otherwise seem to be interchangeable — assuming you can make them fit your device equally well.

The thicker CR2032 is typically rated for 240 mAh whereas the thinner CR2025 is typically rated for 163 mAh.

Thus, the CR2032 will last somewhat longer than the CR2025 under otherwise equivalent circumstances. And of course the CR2032 may be too thick (or the CR2025 may be too thin) for your desired application — though there are possible workarounds.

I had problems with my fob when pushing the buttons and nothing would happen. If I pushed really hard multiple times I could get it to work(sometimes). I kept thinking my batteries were bad, except that it is my wife's car and I don't use it that much. So I tried using a 2032 I have for my other car and it solved the problem. The 2032 are slightly thicker but same diameter. I think the slightly thicker battery may help it make contact better. Now they work great with the slightest touch of the buttons. Hope that helps. I have a 2010 GT AWD.

My apologies to the mods for resurrecting this thread. I found it just now in addition to the video below. I thought it was of use for anyone else w the same issue.

Back