Stalled Engine, It wants to start but doesn't.

xDanielSenpai

:
Mazda, Protege5
Hey guys! The tittle says it all, just 2 hours ago my engine stalled/shutdown as I was on the highway going to work. At 70 mph so I was a ab[URL[/URL]le to pull over. Thought it was because the lack of oil, I was wrong. First time it does that :( The timing belt rotates but the engine won't start. I love this car and trying to improve everything about it so I will definitely appreciate the help. :)

Here's the vid.
https://youtu.be/dR40tPL0tAc

Last edited:
Have you checked the fuses?

Cover your basics first. Spark, fuel, and air. See what you have and what you don't.

There are some basics that could point you in the right direction. How much fuel was in the tank when she died? Did it sputter to a stop or quit completely with no response from the gas pedal? What was the weather like when she died? Cold, rainy, windy, debris on the road etc?

Not sure how low/out of oil could cause the car to quit on the freeway unless it was combined with severe overheating and huge clouds of blue smoke. Has the car ever quit because of lack of oil?

When you say that the timing belt still rotates but the enging does not start, do you mean that the engine cranks normally but does not fire (by normally I mean at the normal cranking speed that usually fires the engine). Does the engine attempt to fire while cranking (coughing, sputtering, backfires) or does it just crank?

You say you are trying to improve everything about the car...what have you done so far, and what has been done by others, and how long/how many miles ago?

Answers to some of these questions will go a long way to getting an internet diagnosis.

Did you pull the valve cover to verify that the timing belt is intact? Alot of people think the accessory belts are the timing belt haha. In your video i didnt hear any compression. So I'd say timing belt.

Back