2009 CX9 GT Flat Key Issues

tstex

Hello to All,

Had to buy another flat key bc the two that came w the car stopped working...Almost $375...what a rip. Now the one I bought stopped working, even put a new battery in it...when you press the open key, it lights up, but car does nothing. The card key is only about 8-9 months old, so I am hoping the warranty is a year..if it's less than how long I have owned it, there's going to be a huge problem.

Thanks for anyone's help and advice,
tom

Hello to All,

Had to buy another flat key bc the two that came w the car stopped working...Almost $375...what a rip. Now the one I bought stopped working, even put a new battery in it...when you press the open key, it lights up, but car does nothing. The card key is only about 8-9 months old, so I am hoping the warranty is a year..if it's less than how long I have owned it, there's going to be a huge problem.

Thanks for anyone's help and advice,
tom

Just a thought, might not be a flat key issue but perhaps BCM (Body Control Module) problem, infamous on CX9s with sunroofs, do you have a sunroof? if the sunroof didn't drain properly, the BCM gets soaked and shorts.

Search BCM, you'll see.

Last edited:
Just a thought, might not be a flay key issue but perhaps BCM, Body Control Module, problem, infamous on CX9s with sunroofs, do you have a sunroof? if the sunroof didn't drain properly, the BCM gets soaked and shorts.

Search BCM, you'll see.

Thanks Avid. We do not have a sunroof, but I would not put anything past what could go wrong. I've had to replace both window motors, the cheap rubber driver entry push buttons and a few other things...Thanks again, tstex

We have two keys. One works, the other I have to press multiple times. It has more trouble locking than opening the doors. It lights up but doesn't do anything, almost like it is out of range.

Ed

Back