Radio Antenna Adapter

I'm trying to install a Sirius XM FM Direct Adapter to my stock radio. From research I found out that I would need this adapter:http://www.metraonline.com/part/40-HD30

So the gray plugs would go one to the stock antenna wire and another to the stock radio. The black plugs would go to the FM-DA.

Anyone know where the blue wires go? Do I just hook the blue wires from the two pieces together?

Thanks

I think there is a topic on here somewhere that talks about the blue wire being for a power amplifier in the antenna...

I think there is a topic on here somewhere that talks about the blue wire being for a power amplifier in the antenna...

I recall reading that too, What I read described a powered active antenna, and the power antenna lead is good to power the blue wire.

In this case because you are running an FM modulator, you can just connect the two blue wires from each antenna adapter together. This will still allow the factory headunit to send power to the antenna while allowing the modulator to "cut" the antenna signal to reduce interference.

Back