2016 squeaky seat

Sonic2016

:
2016 GT
Searched for threads on squeaky driver's seats but couldn't find anything recent. I've had my 2016 GT for 5 days... and the driver's seat is squeaking around the bolster area... started on day 3. Any other 2016s have this issue?

I'll mention it during my first oil change. Was curious if this was a one off issue or more widespread - and something that others had luck getting fixed. I can already hear the dealer doing the usual push back. A bummer too, because my 12 year old Outback that I traded didn't have a single squeak or rattle...

Yup. Just started to experience the same problem on squeaky noises under the rear left seat near towards door.

Have been driving it for a couple of months. Noises started about a week ago:(

Definitely not the leather. Sounds like some metal hinge or spring.

Will share if I get a proper diagnosis soon.

I've heard a little squeak in the driver's seat before. Adjusting the lumbar seems to make it go away.

My 2013 had a creaking noise in the seatback. I had it fixed under warranty when it was in for the shaky mirror fix, and it was something like a spring or coil that had become disconnected from the seat's frame. The seatback unzips easily if that's where the problem is and you want to try to find it without taking it in.

Yup. Just started to experience the same problem on squeaky noises under the rear left seat near towards door.

Have been driving it for a couple of months. Noises started about a week ago:(

Definitely not the leather. Sounds like some metal hinge or spring.

Will share if I get a proper diagnosis soon.

Squeaky seat issue was highlighted to the Mazda Service Advisor at the second (5,000km) servicing last week.

After some WD-40 lubricating spray at some joint areas, the noise went away. So far, the noises haven't come back.

Well, took in in for 5000 mile service yesterday and also requested they took a look at the seat issue. Well, they pretty much blew me off, did'nt ever note it on the service ticket. This on top of them telling me they did updat the infotainment software and when I got home discovering the did'nt. Not a happy camper right now

Well, took in in for 5000 mile service yesterday and also requested they took a look at the seat issue. Well, they pretty much blew me off, did'nt ever note it on the service ticket. This on top of them telling me they did updat the infotainment software and when I got home discovering the did'nt. Not a happy camper right now
I feel you. That's why we got our CX-5 from an old fashioned Mazda dealer who provides decent service although it's selling price was not the lowest. I'd call or email Mazda Customer Experience Center explaining the situation and find another dealer for service. BTW, turn on your oil life monitor and use Schedule 1 Flexible Maintenance Schedule for your oil change. Don't stick with fixed 5K OCI.

Back