Aux input not loading audio folders

raihan

:
Mazda CX-9 2010 GT Upgrade
Hello gents/ladies,

I am new this forum and new to Mazda.

I bought an used Mazda CX-9 GT 2010 Upgrade. I am happy with everything but the audio is frustrating me. I burned a DVD with lots of audio mp3 files. When I am loading the DVD it continuously saying "CD Reading" and does not do anything. However it plays CD MP3 immediately. I bought AUX to USB converter and plugged in a 8GB USB with audio mp3 files within several folders. It detect AUX and does not load MP3 folders. I waited several minutes. still no luck. I went for a drive leaving the AUX port on. Still no luck. I tried FAT32, exFAT and NTFS. I changed USB disk. still the same.
Am I missing anything? I wonder why Mazda didn't have an in-built USB port?

Regards,
Raihan

Hi,

I don't think the AUX port from 2010 models provide enough power to USB drives.
Did you try an USB with an LED light indicator and see if the USB LED lights up? I don't think it will.

I think that AUX port from 2011 models is meant for iPODs or any standalone self powered MP3 player not USB drives.
In 2013+ models Mazda added a USB port along with the Aux port. When I plug in my 2013 USB port the USB LED lights up.
I tried using an iPOD in my AUX and it worked, then I tried your method with USB to AUX port cable and no luck.

I think you need to have an iPod or equivalent to make the AUX work.

You have to understand the AUX is just simply "an audio jack" sort of like a bridge to connect MP3 players to the OEM speakers, you won't be able to control what songs to play from the OEM dash. Also the car doesn't download the USB songs into the car memory, the USB drive has to be powered as the song is playing.

You need something self-powered like this, it has a FM modulator but I wouldn't recommend using that method, the line in/out cable is much clearer

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Plug the device into the hidden cigarette plug in armrest, then instead of using FM transmitter use the supplied line cable from cigarette plug to CX-9 AUX line in.

Or you can plug the device from your front cigarette plug and run the line from the front to the AUX port in the armrest. Not as clean, but at least you can control the songs to play easier.

I may just use this to solve my own 2013 problem of USB starting from the same 1st song everytime. Altough Mazda provided a USB port on 2013+ models, the damn thing plays the same first song in USB drive everytime the car is restarted.

Last edited:
I may just use this to solve my own 2013 problem of USB starting from the same 1st song everytime. Altough Mazda provided a USB port on 2013+ models, the damn thing plays the same first song in USB drive everytime the car is restarted.

Explain your problem to your dealer and refer them to: Mazda service bulletin 09-008/15.
They will replace and reprogram your bluetooth control module.

Hi,

I don't think the AUX port from 2010 models provide enough power to USB drives.
Did you try an USB with an LED light indicator and see if the USB LED lights up? I don't think it will.

I think that AUX port from 2011 models is meant for iPODs or any standalone self powered MP3 player not USB drives.
In 2013+ models Mazda added a USB port along with the Aux port. When I plug in my 2013 USB port the USB LED lights up.
I tried using an iPOD in my AUX and it worked, then I tried your method with USB to AUX port cable and no luck.

I think you need to have an iPod or equivalent to make the AUX work.

You have to understand the AUX is just simply "an audio jack" sort of like a bridge to connect MP3 players to the OEM speakers, you won't be able to control what songs to play from the OEM dash. Also the car doesn't download the USB songs into the car memory, the USB drive has to be powered as the song is playing.

You need something self-powered like this, it has a FM modulator but I wouldn't recommend using that method, the line in/out cable is much clearer

Plug the device into the hidden cigarette plug in armrest, then instead of using FM transmitter use the supplied line cable from cigarette plug to CX-9 AUX line in.

Or you can plug the device from your front cigarette plug and run the line from the front to the AUX port in the armrest. Not as clean, but at least you can control the songs to play easier.

Can I retro-fit after market female USB port that provide power and connectivity with CX-9 audio systems?

Sorry it may be stupid question. Does Mazda CX-9 GT Upgrade has 6 disk stack or just one disk? Does it play DVD?

Can I retro-fit after market female USB port that provide power and connectivity with CX-9 audio systems?

I don't think it's so straightforward as just adding an USB port,

the head unit also must be upgraded also to have USB compatibility and menu tab :

Last edited:
Sorry it may be stupid question. Does Mazda CX-9 GT Upgrade has 6 disk stack or just one disk? Does it play DVD?

I have a '12 GT with nav. The nav unit only has 1 disc (I never tried a DVD--I don't think it's capable); non-nav had a changer.

Back