Advice on wheel choice

cuttersucker

:
Mazda protege5
So I was thinking about getting some 17x8.5 with a +31 offset . What do you guys think possible with some work ? Let me know

not unless you were trying for that rediculous stanced look. i have 17x7.5+44 and they are very very close to rubbing if i was lower. i could go a few mm wider in the front, maybe 5 mm but id need camber playes to run a 40 offset ect. 31 would be proud everywhere and wont work without some stretched tire action. 8.5 could prob fit with a 40 offset. you might need coils.

You'll need quite a bit of work

I have 17x8 +35 rpf1s with some 235/40 tires fenders are shaved.

You'll need quite a bit of work

I have 17x8 +35 rpf1s with some 235/40 tires fenders are shaved.
How do you find the steering feel and handling going from a +50 to +35 offset? Or are you running more camber to fix your scrub radius?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

How do you find the steering feel and handling going from a +50 to +35 offset? Or are you running more camber to fix your scrub radius?

There's camber added and the feel is pretty good. Car feels very planted when cornering hard. The extra width from the rims and tires is night and day difference.

DSC_1246%202_zpse2rmimuu.jpg

Those look sick. My car is a pure canyon car so I don't know if I would go as wide as 235 on my daily for the sake of fuel economy etc. What is the steering weight like?

For my Summers I found this set of 17x7s with a +40 offset for $200. They have 205/45R17 Bridgestone tires. Not as aggressive as I want but there a good step up for now.
uploadfromtaptalk1452465465363.jpg

Steering weight isn't affected too much, you'll get use to us soon after. There is definitely more road feel which to me is good. This is dailyed in the summer time everyday and I haven't had any issues

Back