Greyed Out Settings on Console Display

SnowStorm

:
2016 CX-5 GS
Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 2016 CX-5 GS which replaced my '03 Tribute.

I'm loving it so far, but I'm still getting a feel for things. One question I have is why are some settings greyed out? For example under Safety, my blindspot monitoring volume is greyed out on High (my car is equipped with this feature, and it appears to be on).

Anyone know why this is, and how I can un-grey it?

Thanks (cheers2)

Have your vehicle come to a stop :) That's it. Just certain setting options are disabled while you're moving for safety reasons.

Or this you can do when in the ACC position (2 start button pushes without foot on the brake) when just sitting in the garage.

Good point. Any setting changes should be done while sitting still.
I attempted to change the time while driving and it wouldn't do it. Had to come to a complete stop.

Thanks for the quick replies, you've helped me figure it out. :) Turns out my issue was that I only had pressed the ignition button once. Pressing it twice brought up all the greyed out options. Now that I think about it, it seems pretty obvious why I was only getting infotainment options with one press, but I suppose a push button ignition is something I still need to get used to.

Thanks again! (cheers2)

I also think there are some settings that can not be made in the acc position, you must be in the on position and not moving.

Or this you can do when in the ACC position (2 start button pushes without foot on the brake) when just sitting in the garage.
Years later and this helped me when the "Factory reset" option on my Mazda CX-3 2020 was greyed out :) thanks for sharing!

Back