Suggish Accelerator/ Can't go over 60

:
Mazda5 Sport
Just happened to me this morning. Pulled out of the driveway fine, gas light was on so stopped at the gas station to fill up. When I tried to pull out of the gas station, it was like my accelerator wasn't working. Usually its very sensitive and the car responds quickly. Now, I almost have to jam it into the floor and the car responds, but not quickly. On the highway, I can barely get it up to 60 mph. Anything over 60 and the car starts to buck/jerk. I also noticed that when I got off the highway and was stopping at a light, the trans didn't shift all the way down, it stayed in 4 and I was only doing 15 mph.

2007 Mazda5

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Any CEL? How empty was the tank when you filled up, i wonder if some crud got stirred up and is maybe blocking your fuel filter.

Yes, first thing to do is check codes to start diagnosis.

Check your throttle body, clean it if necessary, press on it to see how freely it opens, release it to see if it returns back to almost closed position.

I've heard of the car's computer limiting speed due to auto transmission troubles or transmission overheating.

Not sure of the CEL number involved, though.

Here's an update: No codes showed up. After work, car started and drove fine. Happened once again, but about 2 miles down the road I shut the car off, restarted it and no more issue. One of my thoughts was I let the tank get too low so I've been trying to avoid that. After the second time, I wondered if it was the cold. Cold start at the house, drive less than a mile turn it off, fill it up, start it up again. I have also tried to avoid the sudden start stop start (which I know isn't ideal for any motor).

Back