Adding cruise control to 2008 European model

lelbert

:
Mazda 5 TX 1,8 petrol
May I ask some help for adding cruise control to my European Mazda 5, 1.8 TX, 2008 model?
Going through xilian number of posts, I understand that I need:
A new brake switch B7N7-66-490.
and new buttons on my steering wheel CC48-66-4M0 This is all OK.
When I get my dash lit with odometer, I have the CRUISE light on.
However, I have only 2 wires at the brake switch (!), and my wiring harness is the CD8567SH0 for the brake switch. This is called short coord in the EPC.
I had an old wiring diagram which showed only 2 wires. Other posts and pictures talk about 4 wires.
Can anyone send me the correct wiring diagram? Or can anyone help me with the issue? Shall I replace the harness, or there is still a way to do it? Do I need the four wires at all at the brake switch?
I checked the EPC, the steering wheel switch CC48-66-4M0 and the brake switch B7N7-66-490 are available for the 1.8 litre TX. However missing 2 cables are very disencouraging.
Many thanks in advance
Laszlo

I've done a cruise control install on a Toyota with manual transmission.

If you have a manual transmission in your Mazda, you'll likely need a clutch pedal switch as well.

Other than that, I have no ideas.

My Mazda 5 seems to be wired for lots of options I don't have. Power siding doors headed mirrors... The fuse block is full of fuses also. Only thing missing is the hardware. You would need the actuator for the throttle and possibly computer programming.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

You would need the actuator for the throttle and possibly computer programming.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Does the 2008 or 2010 Mazda 5 have a "drive by wire" gas pedal/throttle? If so, then nothing mechanical should be needed for fuel control.

Hi Guys,

Edwin here, new at the forum. I allready read a few interesting treads.

I own a 2006 Mazda5 1.8L I was investigating the cruise control. I see on other forums also information of just adding the switches on the steering weel, and changing the brake light switch.
Unfortunately my car only has two wites on the brake switch.

I guess this 2-part only easy cruise control will not work for my car....
The throttle is cabeled and not wired.

I anyone has a suggestion for cruise control for this car, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Edwin

Back