How to access service schedule within instrument panel

guido2358

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 Sport, 6spd manual
I bought my 2015 CX-5 S 6spd manual with 10k miles. I'm unsure if the dealership changed the oil before I bought the car, so I am getting the oil changed at another dealer at 16k. I realize the service interval is 7500 miles. I'm just getting it done because I have a 600 mile road trip coming up and I want to test the gas mileage with newer oil. The service wrench hasn't come on yet, but they are reseting it at the dealership.

My main questions are: Whether or not the base model has a maintenance indicator light? Also, is there a way to access the service interval on the info display? I have read through forums and my owners manual and still have no clarity. My owners manual talks about an A type instrument cluster and a B type. It seems like only one of those types has the oil change interval accessible from the info button on the steering wheel. Please advise. Thanks

Andrew

I bought my 2015 CX-5 S 6spd manual with 10k miles. I'm unsure if the dealership changed the oil before I bought the car, so I am getting the oil changed at another dealer at 16k. I realize the service interval is 7500 miles. I'm just getting it done because I have a 600 mile road trip coming up and I want to test the gas mileage with newer oil. The service wrench hasn't come on yet, but they are reseting it at the dealership.

My main questions are: Whether or not the base model has a maintenance indicator light? Also, is there a way to access the service interval on the info display? I have read through forums and my owners manual and still have no clarity. My owners manual talks about an A type instrument cluster and a B type. It seems like only one of those types has the oil change interval accessible from the info button on the steering wheel. Please advise. Thanks

Andrew

Not sure even the Touring will tell you that. I have a 16 Touring and all it does it tell you how many miles before the next change. All it is is a counter that's set to warn you of the approaching 5,000 mile interval. It has no way of knowing when the oil was last changed. It's possible it keeps an entry of when the warning was reset but I doubt it. Try autofax or whatever that service is that has the fox in it. They track dealer entries and if the service was performed at a dealer it should be able to tell you. Try to find a complimentary one-time-check of it or if you take it to the dealer for an oil-change see if they can access it.

Maintenance monitor info is on page 4-15 of owners manual. IIRC... in park and running to change settings and reset.

https://www.mymazda.com/MusaWeb/pdf/manuals/2015_Mazda_CX5_Owners_Manual.pdf

I already read this part of the manual. Where I am confused is it refers to a type a and type b cluster. Not sure which trim levels/packages have which. pressing my info switch only allows access to current mpg, average mpg, average speed, and miles remaining on tank. I realize I have a base model, so I assumed I don't have the oil interval functions.

+1... looking further at manual it does appear to me it is a GT only feature. I forgot about the differences here between the trim lines.

interior_7.jpg

GT

2014-mazda-cx-5-grand-touring-instrument-cluster.jpg

2014-mazda-cx-5-gt-awd-inline-2-photo-515784-s-original.jpg

e6xe2pfdfvraqaa5bkxx.jpg

nt0od4i7j1weifpbdy4y.jpg

I've never tried this test mode.

Last edited:
Back