Navigation not working correctly in 2016 CX-5

Bearich

:
2016 CX-5 GT
We've had our 2016 CX-5 GT for a few months. We've only used the navigation a few times but yesterday when we tried using it, it couldn't figure out where we were. I entered the address and started driving but the nav system kept thinking we were on completely different streets, some a mile away. At one point it said we were driving in the middle of Lake Michigan!

I can't figure out why the satellite wasn't working to correct itself. Has this happened to anyone? Is there anything I can do to fix it? It worked fine when we navigated back home later in the day but it was unusable on the way to our destination.

Seems like it couldn't see enough satellites for proper locating. The more GPS satellites visible, the more accurate your position. This isn't necessarily a problem with the car - environmental conditions that cause a loss of signals can cause this. Were you driving among tall buildings by chance?

That said, it's possible it was a nav glitch, but since it was fine later this would be hard to pin down unless you see it more often. Check if you have the latest firmware installed.

I don't think that there is an automotive navigation system worth a s****, no matter who the maker is! iPhone & Google Maps is the only way to go, IMHO; trying to futs around w/the Nav. system is an exercise in futility!

Back