Amp install on 2016 GT with Bose.

Sorry to hear your frustration on your upgrade. Do you mind to explain a bit on the use of AudioControl LC2i hi lo converter? What is it and why do you need it for the upgrade?

I'm not sure if the LC2i fixed my problems or changing my tap location to the front door speakers after the amp, but I would recommend the LC2i. I think it gives a very clean signal and I have yet to tune the "accubass" fully yet

That volume, is more then is needed for that sub.
Mine, is in the spare wheel.

Yea I know, the speaker requires a min .51 cut. The box is made pretty shallow to be flush with the panels, which is why they used the top portion also.

I'm not sure if the LC2i fixed my problems or changing my tap location to the front door speakers after the amp, but I would recommend the LC2i. I think it gives a very clean signal and I have yet to tune the "accubass" fully yet

Did you get the remote bass knob also? I really like that so I can adjust bass depending on music choice. My box is supposed to be done today, Ive been out of town. But I have a 12" hooked up and sounds real good and I have-not tuned it either. Gain on amp is normal, gain on LC2i is 3/4, but bass knob is around 3/4.
The LC2i says it will put out 9v signal to RCA's which is good.

Got any pics?

stopped by to see whats going on. This shop has taken forever to finish it. Should be done today. Needs to be sanded to ensure a good fit and then carpeted. They ended up putting 5 layers of fiberglass on it.

Did you get the remote bass knob also? I really like that so I can adjust bass depending on music choice. My box is supposed to be done today, Ive been out of town. But I have a 12" hooked up and sounds real good and I have-not tuned it either. Gain on amp is normal, gain on LC2i is 3/4, but bass knob is around 3/4.
The LC2i says it will put out 9v signal to RCA's which is good.

Got any pics?

I can post some pics up later once I clean up my install a bit... The wiring is not clean. My RCAs that came with my amp wiring kit are like 20ft long or something so I'm going to buy some shorter and higher quality ones for sure.

I used a voltmeter to try and adjust my gains properly. First I disconnected the RCAs from the amp, plugged the RCAs into the "main" plugs on LC2i, set the headunit volume at 40, the accubass turned down (or off?), and the main knob on LC2i turned fully clockwise (maximized light never lit up on LOC). My voltmeter on AC read only 3.6 volts across the RCA outputs. I then connected the RCAs to the amp and disconnected the sub wiring from the amp, plugging in my voltmeter leads instead. I used the common equation used when tuning an amp gain with a multimeter, my amp states 500w RMS and so does my sub. Sub is wired at 2ohms. So the voltage I should see on my voltmeter connected to the amp output on AC setting would be 31.26V (V=sqrt(500*2)). I tuned to that and it's pretty clean sounding so far (and too loud lol).

Well here is the finished product. Pretty happy with the look and sound. the 10 sounds better than my 12 did.
I still need to figure out this LC2i and tuning it, but there is plenty of bass.

I can post some pics up later once I clean up my install a bit... The wiring is not clean. My RCAs that came with my amp wiring kit are like 20ft long or something so I'm going to buy some shorter and higher quality ones for sure.

I used a voltmeter to try and adjust my gains properly. First I disconnected the RCAs from the amp, plugged the RCAs into the "main" plugs on LC2i, set the headunit volume at 40, the accubass turned down (or off?), and the main knob on LC2i turned fully clockwise (maximized light never lit up on LOC). My voltmeter on AC read only 3.6 volts across the RCA outputs. I then connected the RCAs to the amp and disconnected the sub wiring from the amp, plugging in my voltmeter leads instead. I used the common equation used when tuning an amp gain with a multimeter, my amp states 500w RMS and so does my sub. Sub is wired at 2ohms. So the voltage I should see on my voltmeter connected to the amp output on AC setting would be 31.26V (V=sqrt(500*2)). I tuned to that and it's pretty clean sounding so far (and too loud lol).

Yea I used a 3ft RCA. As it sits right now, the gain on my amp is at half or the normal setting. Cant really figure out the LC2i. I have the threshold (the little knob on the side) almost all the way to the right (clockwise). the bass gain at 3 o'clock. The bass knob at half (wanted to tune it to this so I could raise or lower the bass depending not he music). the main level is not being used because I'm using the bass RCA outputs, and the accubass at about 11oclock.

I was having an issue at first with the bass being louder at low volume. did some tweaking and then the bass was very low at low volume and would kick in loud at volume 30. still confused on the accubass thing.

What are your settings on the LC2i?

I read up on the LC2i and found that the main outputs are not affected by the accubass settings so I am plugged into those. I then have the main control knob turned to maybe 80% of max.
I found this by the following steps:
did a Google search for bass test tones, downloaded a -2.5dB 40Hz tone at 320kbps, loaded this onto a usb. Disconnected the RCAs from sub amp. played the track on repeat at 45 headunit volume. Starting from the lowest setting on LC2i main knob, slowly turned it clockwise (increasing) until the Maximized yellow light came on, then backed off the knob a little until the light went off. Done with LC2i settings.

Then I tuned my amp gain now that the source was tuned. I did this with using a multimeter as I explained in a previous post.

Btw your setup looks good!

Last edited:
I moved the LED light from the ACR1 and placed it above the knob so I could see where the knob was.

I read up on the LC2i and found that the main outputs are not affected by the accubass settings so I am plugged into those. I then have the main control knob turned to maybe 80% of max.
I found this by the following steps:
did a Google search for bass test tones, downloaded a -2.5dB 40Hz tone at 320kbps, loaded this onto a usb. Disconnected the RCAs from sub amp. played the track on repeat at 45 headunit volume. Starting from the lowest setting on LC2i main knob, slowly turned it clockwise (increasing) until the Maximized yellow light came on, then backed off the knob a little until the light went off. Done with LC2i settings.

Then I tuned my amp gain now that the source was tuned. I did this with using a multimeter as I explained in a previous post.

Btw your setup looks good!

I may try and see how that works out. I wonder if the ACR1 will control the gain of the main output?

I don't think it does so looks like you are stuck with tuning the accubass. If you learn how to let me know. Btw how did you remove the useless cubby to work on it?

I don't think it does so looks like you are stuck with tuning the accubass. If you learn how to let me know. Btw how did you remove the useless cubby to work on it?

It just pulls straight out. Kinda hard to get your hands on it to pull it out a bit and then used a interior trim tool

Aight cool. Thanks for the info. I've noticed that the anti-vibration/dampening build quality of the cx5 compared to my last car, 2004 Audi A4, isn't as high. I get some annoying rattles with the new sub mounted in the trunk which I never had with the Audi. Might have to look into some dynamat or something if it gets too annoying.

Aight cool. Thanks for the info. I've noticed that the anti-vibration/dampening build quality of the cx5 compared to my last car, 2004 Audi A4, isn't as high. I get some annoying rattles with the new sub mounted in the trunk which I never had with the Audi. Might have to look into some dynamat or something if it gets too annoying.

hahaha yea me too. Mainly anything in the front door pockets and the overhead sunglass console.

Back