Removing the grill without taking bumper off

Philpal72

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
Im trying to remove the grill from my 2013 cx5. Just need to get access behind it, not trying to change the grill though. Have been looking around here trying to find something to help but haven't seen anything. Has anyone done this, and have any pics? Thanks

It's way easier to take the bumper off, instead of messing with drilling rivets out. Takes 10-15 minutes.

It's way easier to take the bumper off, instead of messing with drilling rivets out. Takes 10-15 minutes.

When you say "take the bumper off" are you speaking of the bumper or the bumper cover?

I ask because I've been thinking about making a winter setup to retain more heat around the engine. This will increase efficiency when making a number of short stops in cold weather.

Cover indeed, sorry. I took it off to install the black metal patio door screen behind the grille. Keeps bugs and rocks away from the radiator/ condenser.
Keep in mind Mike, your outside temperature reading will be way off, much more then it is with the stock setup. I'm sure you can cover lower openings shut with no harm done to the cooling. Then make the manual open-close arrangements for the main grill from the latch area. I think I'm gonna do something like that.

I have a 2016 cx5 GT and last week while on the highway, a piece of debris came up and smashed into my grille. It broke one of the horizontal grille trim bars. I ordered a replacement and apparently all the bars are separate, so I can change just the one without removing the entire grille. The dealer said it is vey easy to change so I opted to do it myself. He said just push on on the clips behind the bar to release the bar and pull it out. He said the new bar just clips on like the old. No tools needed. My problem is that I cannot find anything behind it to push on to release the damaged bar. I searched YouTube and found nothing. Can any help me with this?

has anyone tried removing the grille on the 2017+? wondering what the steps are and if the entire bumper needs to be removed

Take a look in How to item DIY Horn Upgrade and you will find a manner hou to remove the grille.
here is also a handout from the German Mazda forum
http://www.cx5-forum.de/f10/i3.html
Anleitung Khlergrill ndern u. PDC versetzen.
Pictures say more than words. If not use google translate. :>)

Regards,
Pipercub

Back