Intermittent Wiper / Auto Headlight Problem

Mainstay

:
Mazda3 GT Sport Hatchback, 2007
Hi, I am only new here and this is my 2nd Mazda, it's a 2007 2.3L Mazda3 GT Sport Hatchback and I'm having the following technical issue:

Intermittent Wipers and Automatic Headlights do not work at all. Headlights and wipers work manually in the other control arm switch positions. I have the Rain sensing wipers as an "Add On". I've done the following trouble shooting:

Checked all related fuses, pulled them and re-seated

Checked both Control switches for the headlights and wipers and they seem ok.

Removed the Rain Sensing Sensor at the top center of the windshield and visually inspected as OK + cleaned circuit board with contact cleaner. Note: Yes windshield was replaced but all connections to sensor seem intact.

From what I understand the problem is tied into both the intermittent wipers and auto headlight function. I also saw that there may be a Control Module behind the Instrument cluster, which would be required to be removed before inspecting the module.

I have reviewed some of the on-line forum's but cannot find a solution. Is there something I am missing? Any idea's anyone would be greatly appreciated, thanks to all.

Did you actually check continuity across each of the relevant fuses? Do you have a service manual with schematics? This is a must if you are to thoroughly troubleshoot the issue beyond that.

Hi Everyone, surely someone has experienced this problem before or has knowledge of it, any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

Back