URLs being changed

CX5-SO

CX-5 SPOUSE
:
2013 CX-5 Touring AWD A-T
What is the deal with this board's software having the ability to change urls in a post. Today, in a reply, I included a link to Amazon and it showed correctly the first time I viewed it, but later on I checked new posts and noticed that the link now pointed to Rakuten. If I bring up the edit screen, the original link is there. WTH?

links10.jpg

First of all, thanks for the heads up and feedback. It's not the board, it's a plugin we use from a company called VigLink (originally funded by Google Ventures) that monetizes links etc which in turn helps pay our bills (without needing to run more ads). Some of the plugin's features are only supposed to initiate for visitors (not logged-in).

Is this the post you mentioned below..?

I bought this metric hex set, https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) as soon as I found out that the CX 5 and the truck we bought a few months prior used them for various fluid plugs. Also came in handy working on a sister-in-law's ride. So, I found it to be a good purchase. Beats the heck out of the L shaped hex keys.

If so, I'm seeing only amazon on my end...Is it still showing Rakuten?

Please let me know and if it is, is this something that really takes away from the Mazdas247 experience for you or not? Again, please let me know, thanks!

OK, makes sense in that context. Still showing Rakuten here. Maybe the url serving is region based?
Thanks for the reply!!

It is not really that big of a deal as long as the altered link does indeed point to the same part or object as the original.

Last edited:
OK, makes sense in that context. Still showing Rakuten here. Maybe the url serving is region based?
Thanks for the reply!!

It is not really that big of a deal as long as the altered link does indeed point to the same part or object as the original.

I believe it is region based, thank you for understanding and again for the feedback!

I agree that the altered link should indeed direct to the same item as the original and it seems to be doing exactly that, if you find a case where it isn't, please do let me know, thanks!

Back