HKS Touring Spec-L exhaust

Update: Racing Beat Europe sells the identical USA exhaust for both the petrol and diesel variants of the CX-5. See link:
http://www.racingbeateurope.com/bcx...15---all---petrol--diesel-models-b-2012-p.asp

Mike Liao (from Racing Beat USA) has confirmed for me that the USA and European exhaust are the same, they have tried it on the diesel and it bolts up and performs well. This is solid evidence that petrol and diesel exhausts are interchangeable from the standpoint of dimensional fit.

Benior raised an important issue: Exhaust note. Obviously, with any aftermarket exhaust we're expecting an increase in dB levels, some even prefer it, its also safe to assume the HKS exhaust would be louder than the Racing beat and Cork sport exhausts. I feel like its such a subjective thing that people are either going to hate it or love it but we can ALWAYS expect one of those two things to happen. Unfortunately for me, there isn't another member with the exhaust on a petrol car so the only way to find out is to try it.

That being said, I'm going to get in touch with my local distributor and see what we can do about ordering the exhaust and timing. on my end, I need to free up some $$$.

Hi Kim GT. I have a 2.5L and while the hanging rods fit perfect, minor mods need to be made by cutting and welding.

Pics

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    829.5 KB · Views: 361
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    507.3 KB · Views: 345
I am rigging my own Vibrant exhaust. Already got the vibrant #1221 4" tips on the way and ordering the vibrant 10633 muffler with next paycheck. Vibrant has always had a really nice deep tone with Hondas so I have fingers crossed that it won't disappoint. Regarding performance etc, I don't care about that, I just want to be happy when stuck in traffic and that will also include a nice sound system that will be installed this weekend.

Off topic I know... Polk DB6502 (HP 60Hz), DB402 (HP 90Hz), MTX FPR-12-2 (LP 60Hz), RF 500.1, RF 300x4, both rear speakers into LOC, MLV arrived yesterday. Hopefully I can finish by monday.

I am rigging my own Vibrant exhaust. Already got the vibrant #1221 4" tips on the way and ordering the vibrant 10633 muffler with next paycheck. Vibrant has always had a really nice deep tone with Hondas so I have fingers crossed that it won't disappoint. Regarding performance etc, I don't care about that, I just want to be happy when stuck in traffic and that will also include a nice sound system that will be installed this weekend.

Off topic I know... Polk DB6502 (HP 60Hz), DB402 (HP 90Hz), MTX FPR-12-2 (LP 60Hz), RF 500.1, RF 300x4, both rear speakers into LOC, MLV arrived yesterday. Hopefully I can finish by monday.
Do share a sound clip once your setup is complete.

I am rigging my own Vibrant exhaust. Already got the vibrant #1221 4" tips on the way and ordering the vibrant 10633 muffler with next paycheck.

Whats to cost of this setup? Don't you need to buy elbows to join the tips to the muffler?

Back