Dash turn signal

Rodney Nadar

:
Mazda 3 1.6 2005
Hello,

I have a Mazda 3 2005 1.6. The turn signals on the dash is not working, however the indicators do work on the car itself. I checked all the fuses in the fuse box in the engine bay and all seems fine. I traced and found the interior fuse box all those fuses are fine too. I am not sure what the problem could be. Also the temperature signal on the dash ( on the LCD sceen ) has disappeared. Has anyone had this problem and what can I do to solve it. Thanks

your gauge cluster may have an issue or the lights may have just burned out. i have not removed the gauge cluster on the 3 so i cannot speak for its difficulty, however on the protege 5 it was literally 5 screws and a piece of plastic trim to pop off and it was off. by looking at the 3 it looks like you can pop the panel around the cluster out and it will be held in by screws under that trim panel.

Hi. I have opened the gauge cluster and there are no globes. It looks like LED's that's in the circuit of the cluster. Still could not come right with this. As I mentioned previously the temp climate is also not working. The aircon also stopped working. I had someone refill the gas thinking that it might be empty. he told me that the compressor is not coming on. When he connected a direct wire then the compressor came on. There is definitely an electric issue. I have checked all the fuses and they all are fine.

Anyone has had this problem. please advise!

Did you check all connections? It seems kind of strange that all of these systems would fail at once, so it could be an issue with the BCM as well.

Hi. Checked all connections and seems fine. I used a tester and checked all the fuses on the BCM and all seems fine.

I have exactly the same problem. Turn lights on the instument panel not working, e breaks light always on, ac Not blowing cold air.. it all happened at the same time.
Please help.

Have you checked your fuses and flasher relay? An always-on brake light could mean that your brake reservoir is low on brake fluid.

Checked all the fuses and relays from under the hood and under the dash. All are good.. but still confused why all of a sudden the problem came out at the same time.. even the the level of break fluid is fine.

Sometimes a battery that is on its way out or a loose ground cable can cause weird electrical occurrences.
Another possibility is an intermittent short. I know that a common problem with C5 gen Corvettes was that a wire within the wire bundle that passed through the drivers door and on to the engine bay would pull out from a connector and intermittently short to ground.

Hi Concept,
Thanks for the inputs.
I brought the car to Mazda dealer and after a week they found airbag module failure.

Problem fixed.

Back