CX9 Wheel and Offset thread.

xxxmonoxidechil

Potential Scammer!
Spent about an hour searching, and there really isnt a thread covering this info for our cars. Since im looking at ordering some 20in wheels soon, and am looking for the best offset choice. :)

Post up your Aftermarket wheel, and offset, along with a picture of the setup if possible. Im sure a thread like this will be helpful to many in the future.

Check out Tire Rack and Discount Tire Direct - both of them have done their homework to make sure of what fits the CX-9. You'll find that Tire Rack tends to be a little more conservative - DTD will usually give a minimum offset about 5 mm lower than what TR will offer.

Not really useful for me. They generally just go off stock factory offsets on the original wheels. Which the ones on the CX9 are horrible to begin with.

Plus, Just cause 'It fits', doesnt mean it looks right on the car at all. Im pretty set on a 20x9 at a +35 right now. Just would like to see a reference of what others have done, and actually have a photo to compare it too. Which no tire site really has, that gives you any idea on offset.

So you want something lower than stock. Got it.

Have you stopped to consider that the ratio of dead cat space to sidewall height (not to mention the particular spoke design) plays a much bigger role in establishing the visual impact of a wheel and tire package than does the lateral location of the outer edge of the wheel?

I realize that you want to see pictures of aftermarket wheels on different CX-9s. You might as well go on a Honda forum and ask for the same from Odyssey owners. It's not exactly the target market for wheels.

100% yes. But all that means nothing when the wheel is sunken in the wheel well also. Which im trying to get away from. Wheels should be pretty much flush with the fender IMO. Im not going to spend so much money, and not have everything how i want it. This thread is more to know what others are doing for offsets, then pictures of them in all truth. I guess that isnt clear enough in my first post. The style of wheel makes no difference as thats something specific to each persons car.

Im surprised this thread hasnt been addressed in all truth, as this is pretty common in every other car ive owned. And this could be helpful for anyone wanting to get an idea of what each offset will look like on our cars.

20x8.5 +35 is perfect, that is what we have on ours with 275/45/20. Pic in Sig.

20x9, with that offset would just be a few MM different.

Rawyzf, Thanks man, Actually your wheels specs were the best i could find before making this thread. Lots of wheel threads, but very few that actually give any specs.

"A few" apparently equals 6.35.

For us yanks, thats about a 1/4 inch. Or an 1/8 each way. Which shouldnt be an issue at all was what i was thinking. Specially with such massive fender gaps like the CX9 has. Lord knows i had to work my ass off to fit the wheels on my two other slammed Mazda's. Not so much the case here thankfully.

Rawyzf, Thanks man, Actually your wheels specs were the best i could find before making this thread. Lots of wheel threads, but very few that actually give any specs.

For us yanks, thats about a 1/4 inch. Or an 1/8 each way. Which shouldnt be an issue at all was what i was thinking. Specially with such massive fender gaps like the CX9 has. Lord knows i had to work my ass off to fit the wheels on my two other slammed Mazda's. Not so much the case here thankfully.

You're welcome.

What do you mean by that? Because a half inch width change at the same offset will move the outboard rim 1/4" outward, and the inboard rim 1/4" inward.

This is correct. Half inch wheel width difference will go 1/4 on each side....or 6.xxmm on each side.

Spent about an hour searching, and there really isnt a thread covering this info for our cars. Since im looking at ordering some 20in wheels soon, and am looking for the best offset choice. :)

Post up your Aftermarket wheel, and offset, along with a picture of the setup if possible. Im sure a thread like this will be helpful to many in the future.

For my cx9 i had a 20x9.5 + 20 those are nice but had to cut the lip on the plasric trim fender as it bends when vehicle is aired out. It does give an agressive look as the wheel has a slight poke. Then went with 20x10 + 35 and it sinks better on the plastic trim fender.

half inch offset difference is as high as I would go. More than that and you are looking at changing bearings a bit sooner, especially with so much more rotational mass.

Was kinda freaking out since i was still rolling on my snow tires with the higher temps lately. So started seeing what was available locally at a good price to get my by for the summer. Ended up grabbing a set of 22x9.5 ET35 Forte F50's for a decent price.

20160323_221658_zpsmqnta9uj.jpg

20160323_221604_zpsplvskcpi.jpg

1458788781888_zps26zjnqfk.jpg

Im not totally in love. But there not horrible. And the fitment is on point, and tire diameter is unchanged which is nice. If i end up keeping these, i will probably +size the tires to a 40 series sidewall next year instead of these 265/35's.

Was kinda freaking out since i was still rolling on my snow tires with the higher temps lately. So started seeing what was available locally at a good price to get my by for the summer. Ended up grabbing a set of 22x9.5 ET35 Forte F50's for a decent price.

20160323_221658_zpsmqnta9uj.jpg

20160323_221604_zpsplvskcpi.jpg

1458788781888_zps26zjnqfk.jpg

Im not totally in love. But there not horrible. And the fitment is on point, and tire diameter is unchanged which is nice. If i end up keeping these, i will probably +size the tires to a 40 series sidewall next year instead of these 265/35's.

Not too shabby! I was gonna comment on the series, I think going up a tad would look better and probably feel better in the butt!

We still have our winters on too (it was supposed to snow 8-10" yesterday but missed us just south of the metro), I better get the summer setup on here pretty soon.

Yea, The speedo being off a few MPH will be worth it to have a slightly tall sidewall. And i have room to spare even inside the fender wells. But I might still just get the 20's i wanted next year, and just use these to get by.

Yea, The speedo being off a few MPH will be worth it to have a slightly tall sidewall. And i have room to spare even inside the fender wells. But I might still just get the 20's i wanted next year, and just use these to get by.
20s are perfect. Plus, 275/45/20 rubber works great and is a cheap size.

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

Not aware of this thread till now. Well, here's my 2013 CX-9 GT with the 22x9 35mm offset. Tire's are 265/40 R22s.

12e8179a0a9397e09e66afe761396ed2.jpg

587E4277-F89C-48D9-8A1A-23088C4646A1.jpg

a960cad53efd7d544bdc1800edf3a924.jpg

Back