Paddle Shift Install - 2016 CX-5

Actually this is a good mod for aggressive driving. Especially if you have AWD. It's really good to be able to wot through a 90 degree turn (depending on suspension), then shift at redline on the exit right into high power into second or 3rd. Sometimes it's weird trying to slap the shifter and rather easy to hit it into neutral though. If I wasn't working on other things I would consider.

This mod would be perfect in my M6 as I use manual mode 90% of the time. Would be nice having both hands on the steering wheel at all times. Just need extra cash :(

It's not that expensive, ~$250.

My first mechanical mod on my M6 is likely going to be Super Sport Pilots then SS brakelines/DOT 4 brake fluid. Paddle Shift mod thereafter.

The CX-5 once paid off in a few more years will likely get SS brakelines/DOT 4 brake fluid/ceramic brake pads front and rear then possibly light weight wheels.

This mod would be perfect in my M6 as I use manual mode 90% of the time. Would be nice having both hands on the steering wheel at all times. Just need extra cash :(

Didn't the GT Mazda6 come with paddle shifters? Should be pretty easy for you to make the mod since all parts should be able to be found state side. Us CX-5 guys have to import parts from Japan. Not too bad cost for shipping, thank god.

Does anyone know or have confirmed if the cx-3 rear steering wheel cover is the same as the one for the '16 GT cx-5? If so I might wait for those parts to become available and order from the states. All I would need then is the one harness from japanparts

2014 needs a different steering wheel back cover then 2016, just to be aware about it.

Yes! This I have heard mentioned before... but which one do we use on the 2015 then???(yawn)

I will probably be doing our '15, and the parents '16.

Last edited:
You will have to take the steering wheel apart and show some pictures.
This is, what I needed for my 14'- BHN932049C02
In was lucky to find one on Eba($25).
2014 Mazda 3 part.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just found this video on the Paddle Shifter install. I haven't watched it all the way through yet, but I'm sure it's helpful in one way or another.

Quick update for those looking at Japanparts.com, here are the links for the two parts that Srad600 sourced from there.

K015-V7-481 (Paddle Shift SW Harness): https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/47311

D10J-V7-480 (Rear Cover + Small screws for steering wheel + Steering Wheel Bolt): https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/47561

I'm going to be placing my parts order today. All up cost for all 4 parts is just about $200 even.

GJS2-66-3P0B: $85.72 (multiple online vendors with very similar pricing)
BNK8-66-4M2: $23.27 (multiple online vendors with very similar pricing)
K015-V7-481: $28.90 (changes based on exchange rate)
D10J-V7-480: $53.55 (changes based on exchange rate)

Hi,

Thinking about doing this on my 2016 GT AWD,

Where all the parts the right ones ?

How did the installation go ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about the '14, but that number is for a '16 (GJS2-32-049).

Edit: From the '14 paddle shift thread (http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...How-to-PADDLE-SHIFT-Retrofit-(Mazda-CX-5-2-0) ) , looks like they list part number "Cover BHN932049C02" for the cover. See post #10. I can't say for sure if that is correct though.

Are you guys sure that the GJS2-32-049 is the correct part number for the rear cover that will fit the 2016 models? I checked japanparts.com and they don't list the D10J-V7-480 kit any more which is the kit that included the correct rear cover. Has anyone found if the CX-3 parts are available yet? I'm thinking that might be a good bet too.

Has anyone recently ordered from japanparts for the 2016's? IS the 479-006-001 479-006-002 479-006-003.

I guess does anyone have an updated current list of parts that are needed and work on the 2016

I am also trying to sort the information to order the right parts for a 2016 with the regular cruise control (not the i-sense)

Could some make a clear list for all as it seems to be the biggest question generator of the thread,

Thanks!

Why don't you guys as japanparts?

Like I said in my last post, the D10J kit isn't listed on the japanparts.com website. Also when you to select the Mazda CX-5 from their vehicle list it states 13-15, nothing about the '16's. Also when you expand the picture of the one kit for the rear cover it shows a part number that I believe is for the older models. This could just be the picture but there's not much to verify the parts work for the 2016

Are you guys sure that the GJS2-32-049 is the correct part number for the rear cover that will fit the 2016 models? I checked japanparts.com and they don't list the D10J-V7-480 kit any more which is the kit that included the correct rear cover. Has anyone found if the CX-3 parts are available yet? I'm thinking that might be a good bet too.

Has anyone recently ordered from japanparts for the 2016's? IS the 479-006-001 479-006-002 479-006-003.

I guess does anyone have an updated current list of parts that are needed and work on the 2016
Did you try to contact Japanparts? They have or are able to get tons of parts that are not listed on their website. I had to e-mail them and ask for all the parts I ordered through them. And, yes, I'm 100% sure that all the parts I listed fit my car...

FYI - in my original write -up I did say that the parts from Japanparts were special order and not listed on their website...

Last edited:
help please. I installed the kit but paddle shifting doesn't work... Do I need connect the airbag and horn for it to work? I didn't want to connect the airbag back until I was sure it's working. All other electronics on my steering wheel work fine.

I am also trying to sort the information to order the right parts for a 2016 with the regular cruise control (not the i-sense)

Could some make a clear list for all as it seems to be the biggest question generator of the thread,

Thanks!

For the 2016, japanparts sells a kit in 3 SKU's, you need:

Japanparts No : 479-006-001
Japanparts No : 479-006-002
Japanparts No : 479-006-003

you will get all the mazda parts listed in this tutorial. For the 2015 you need different parts. You mentioned you have the regular cruise control, so when you select part No : 479-006-002, on the drop down menu select: "(#27) For without auto cruise control model" when you add the part to your cart.

Last edited:
help please. I installed the kit but paddle shifting doesn't work... Do I need connect the airbag and horn for it to work? I didn't want to connect the airbag back until I was sure it's working. All other electronics on my steering wheel work fine.

Yes, I would reconnect EVERYTHING and then test it.

For the 2016, japanparts sells a kit in 3 SKU's, you need:

Japanparts No : 479-006-001
Japanparts No : 479-006-002
Japanparts No : 479-006-003

you will get all the mazda parts listed in this tutorial. For the 2015 you need different parts. You mentioned you have the regular cruise control, so when you select part No : 479-006-002, on the drop down menu select: "(#27) For without auto cruise control model" when you add the part to your cart.

Thanks, found it !

Last edited:
I know Mazda 3 and 6 and the CX-3 all have paddle shifting available in North America. Is there a way we could find out if the parts would fit on the CX-5 or are the equivalent of the ones u listed above ?

Last edited:
Back