Paddle Shift Install - 2016 CX-5

i can't for the life of me, push the cables inside this harness, i already opened as shown in the picture but they won't go fully in. What im i doing wrong?

1SrCCSU.jpg

i can't for the life of me, push the cables inside this harness, i already opened as shown in the picture but they won't go fully in. What im i doing wrong?

1SrCCSU.jpg
Take your time with them. Wiggle them a bit and make sure they're going in on the right direction.

Do not use to much force as they may brake.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Take your time with them. Wiggle them a bit and make sure they're going in on the right direction.

Do not use to much force as they may brake.

does it open more than that? the cable feels like it's about to break again if i apply pressure to it

does it open more than that? the cable feels like it's about to break again if i apply pressure to it
In my case the cable was not going in but after playing a bit with it, it went down. The cable terminal have a metal tab check it to see if is raised. The locking tab may open a bit more but im not sure. Just take your time.

In my case the cable was not going in but after playing a bit with it, it went down. The cable terminal have a metal tab check it to see if is raised. The locking tab may open a bit more but im not sure. Just take your time.

damn, broke one of the metal tips again, will have to order a new K015-V7-481 kit

I had a bit of struggle with those wires into that harness as well. They are a tighter fit then the other harnesses. I used a small pick to gently push them in all the way. Not ramming them in there just a little pressure in the right spot cause the wires kept bending.

I had a bit of struggle with those wires into that harness as well. They are a tighter fit then the other harnesses. I used a small pick to gently push them in all the way. Not ramming them in there just a little pressure in the right spot cause the wires kept bending.

you are right, mine were already weak from the previous attempt in which i broke one tip inside.

Try using a needle nose pliers, inserting with firm/gentle pressure. Sometimes it helps with dexterity to use a tool rather than your fingers. Also verify that you are inserting the wires in the correct direction (look inside the connector at the existing pins and make sure yours align with all the rest). Otherwise, it should just slide in there.

You should hold the wire in there and connect the other plug in it. Make sure that the wire stays in place. It should make contact. You could use a zip tie, to hold it in place.

Finally! After starting this process a few months ago, then getting stuck because I broke one of the connectors. ..and then putting the fix on hold for a month, I now have got my paddles to work!

Using them on a daily basis, I definitely prefer them over the gear shifter.

I'm actually fine with the paddles themselves even though previously I was keen on the Kenstyle paddles. Of course I'd love it if they looked and/or felt more premium, but the size and positioning is great.

Thanks again to Srad600 and others for all the help on this very useful mod!

Last edited:
Finally! After starting this process a few months ago, then getting stuck because I broke one of the connectors. ..and then putting the fix on hold for a month, I now have got my paddles to work!

Using them on a daily basis, I definitely prefer them over the gear shifter.

I'm actually fine with the paddles themselves even though previously I was keen on the Kenstyle paddles. Of course I'd love it if they looked and/or felt more premium, but the size and positioning is great.

Thanks again to Srad600 and others for all the help on this very useful mod!

Same thing here bro, i had the same happen to me, just 4 weeks ago i got it working. Glad to know we all had a happy ending!

If I had a paddle shift for my Reserve, I'd never have the transmission out of Manual mode.

If I had a paddle shift for my Reserve, I'd never have the transmission out of Manual mode.

What is nice, is that you do not have to put it into manual mode in order to use the paddles.

Any action by the paddles, takes the transmission out of AUTO and places it into the MANUAL mode.
(naughty)

I love my paddles, and so does the wife!

What is nice, is that you do not have to put it into manual mode in order to use the paddles.

Any action by the paddles, takes the transmission out of AUTO and places it into the MANUAL mode.
(naughty)

I love my paddles, and so does the wife!

I tell you what, knowing what having those would do to my already marginal mileage, I'd deserve the paddles. ;)

Back