CX-3 Picture Thread

Just got my windows tinted, woo!

attachment.php

WP_20151012_18_55_33_Pro.jpg

Now I need to get rid of that stupid license plate soul patch (illegal in Texas, but ruins that nice lower lip - I'll chance it...)

Last edited:
Just got my windows tinted, woo!

Now I need to get rid of that stupid license plate soul patch (illegal in Texas, but ruins that nice lower lip - I'll chance it...)

First of all, thanks for posting a pic and getting this thread going...Looking forward to seeing more CX-3s.

Nice! Cool color as well...Any upgrade and or accessory plans? ;)

Congrats on the purchase! She's a beaut :)

I wish dealers in states that don't require front license plates would stop installing the hardware. Give the customer the option of installing them. With all of the prominent grille designs from manufacturers these days, it really does ruin the look in the front, IMO.

I ordered a new lower grille for our Mazda5 when we purchased a used one last year. Changed it out as soon as we got home. It looks like it's bolted to the front bumper on the the CX-3...a bit more pricy to replace than a lower front grille. Hopefully it doesn't look that bad with it removed?

First of all, thanks for posting a pic and getting this thread going...Looking forward to seeing more CX-3s.

Nice! Cool color as well...Any upgrade and or accessory plans? ;)

Thanks! I am leasing, so no real plans to upgrade aside from possibly a nicer subwoofer and amp as the BOSE is rather weak. If a tuner comes up with a flash for this specific engine configuration, an extra 15-20HP would be welcome.

Congrats on the purchase! She's a beaut :)

I wish dealers in states that don't require front license plates would stop installing the hardware. Give the customer the option of installing them. With all of the prominent grille designs from manufacturers these days, it really does ruin the look in the front, IMO.

I ordered a new lower grille for our Mazda5 when we purchased a used one last year. Changed it out as soon as we got home. It looks like it's bolted to the front bumper on the the CX-3...a bit more pricy to replace than a lower front grille. Hopefully it doesn't look that bad with it removed?

I agree! Texas had a loophole for about a year or so back in '13, but it has been closed. On my MS3, the plate was mounted already as well. When I remove the plate and bolts, I inserted black interior panel fasteners (I think that is what they are called - a plastic unit with a round convex head and "threads"). It worked like a charm and were hardly noticeable. I have not examined the front plate too closely, but it looks like the bolts are going through the paint instead of the black plastic, which is awful. I will get to it this week and see if the same fix works. I am sure the front assembly would be quite expensive to replace...

Meh, a bone head move on my part. I was trying to turn left into a shopping center across two lanes of traffic (I guess in Japan, it would be turning right). The entry was close to a very busy intersection and the cars quickly stack up. Once in a while, an observant, nice person will stop short of the entry and offer enough room to turn as they wait on the light. Surely enough, a nice lady waved me through. The car in the far lane did not have the same intentions and I did not see her coming, nor did she slow down for the impending impact (I had enough time to say, "Well darn" - or some such - before she hit me). She was driving a big Chrysler (300, I think) and damage was minimal and nobody was hurt, thankfully. I've been in Dallas for 17 years, been in seven accidents and this was the first one where I was at fault. I can't wait to see how my insurance rates are going to go up... (unamused)

My car should be ready next week, which is a shame because I am taking a road trip this evening and it would be nice to get it out on the open highway and twisty roads. My insurance company did give me a loaner; a Ford Fusion *groan* and it is sooo boring! I told someone it was a car for grownups and they replied that I was a grownup. I beg to differ...

Last edited:
Sorry to see the damage, but glad everyone was safe...
Hope they get you back in good shape quick, however sometimes new body parts on a brand new model can take some time. Please keep us updated!

Meh, a bone head move on my part. I was trying to turn left into a shopping center across two lanes of traffic (I guess in Japan, it would be turning right). The entry was close to a very busy intersection and the cars quickly stack up. Once in a while, an observant, nice person will stop short of the entry and offer enough room to turn as they wait on the light. Surely enough, a nice lady waved me through. The car in the far lane did not have the same intentions and I did not see her coming, nor did she slow down for the impending impact (I had enough time to say, "Well darn" - or some such - before she hit me). She was driving a big Chrysler (300, I think) and damage was minimal and nobody was hurt, thankfully. I've been in Dallas for 17 years, been in seven accidents and this was the first one where I was at fault. I can't wait to see how my insurance rates are going to go up... (unamused)

My car should be ready next week, which is a shame because I am taking a road trip this evening and it would be nice to get it out on the open highway and twisty roads. My insurance company did give me a loaner; a Ford Fusion *groan* and it is sooo boring! I told someone it was a car for grownups and they replied that I was a grownup. I beg to differ...

are you sure you are at fault? often times the driver waving you thru traffic is accountable, especially when you're trying to cross two lanes of traffic.

this is why I never wave anyone thru more than one lane of traffic.

Yep, sounds like your fault. Hey s*** happens. Glad it's getting fixed up right away. I never trust anyone waving me on and also never wave people on. I always make sure it's all clear when crossing traffic.

Love those pics, your CX-3 looks fantastic...Mazda should use the following shot for an ad or something, makes me want to jump in a CX-3 right now and go on a road trip...Excellent capture...Thanks for posting! (2thumbs)

135c9106e051a5276133801f022995f2.jpg

The evolution of my CX-3 GS AWD
1B705DFA-DDC4-4B75-B9BD-E4767D941231.jpg

Stock with Led bulb
1988E6B1-6B8F-4A6B-8610-B1962C7D88E3.jpg

19" Wheel and Windows tint
8F9077D4-33C1-4A23-8A35-303C9A6E2795.jpg

Black front grill + corner as DRL
383C1C36-1184-473B-9E7A-196DAB52211A.jpg

Black front mazda logo

Just picked up my Touring with the Premium Package and AWD. Loving my new little ute.
Previous (new) 2008 Mazda 3 and (new) 2011 Mazda 3 owner.

0fb821d6bd1f799b37cdff3eca0d9e75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back