Anyone install Air Helper Springs on their CX-5?

I feel good about installing at this point... I'd install sooner but going on vacation for a few weeks.

My current dilemma is where to install the inflation valves. Bottom of bumper... somewhere inside? Open to suggestions.... I haven't looked if there are some current access plugs to get me into the rear cargo area.

I feel good about installing at this point... I'd install sooner but going on vacation for a few weeks.

My current dilemma is where to install the inflation valves. Bottom of bumper... somewhere inside? Open to suggestions.... I haven't looked if there are some current access plugs to get me into the rear cargo area.

I had planned on running the line along the hitch with zip ties (like my trailer wiring) and using the bike pump from there.

I had planned on running the line along the hitch with zip ties (like my trailer wiring) and using the bike pump from there.

Good idea....

Might look for a metal mounting bracket I will more than likely need to customize and mount to the hitch for rearward access to the valves. Might change it up later if things work well with it. I'd hate to drill a bunch of holes if system proves unreliable and I later tear it out.

I ran the bags for five years. During that time I was racing, so I was carrying a 600SS on the back (carrying, not towing) and had the rear cargo area full up with tools, spares, camping gear, etc. This was once/twice a month. In between I was carrying my dirt bike to/from trails typically about once a week.

This system saw a lot of abuse and lasted much longer than I expected. At that price point I was hoping for three years with no issues, and I got much more than that. Even though they did eventually fail, with the amount of use I got, it was like paying $20 a year for the thing, so I was happy. If you put less stress on them than I did, and route your lines carefully, I see no reason why you shouldn't get good use out of it.

Back