Twisted Tuning - Mazda CX-5 Flash Tune

The Great NY

:
2004 Mazda Atenza(6)
Hello,

CX-5 owners, for those looking to make more power and get some improved throttle response out of your Skyactiv. Don't hesitate to hit me up. I offer custom tuning services for most Mazdas.

For those that are not local to me (Poughkeepsie, NY) i offer remote tuning package:

http://www.twisted-visionz.com/#!product/prd16/4229999431/twisted-tuning-na-tune-package

Local people just have to come see me in person to get their calibration:

http://www.twisted-visionz.com/#!pr...sted-tuning-mazda-reflash-(factory-non-turbo)

Your remote tuning package - what does it do/involve for $500. Please explain.

Hi There...

Looking at the website carefully, and noting they support MazdaEdit (for which I do hold a Professional licence) I'm guessing the remote tuning package is MazdaEdit Lite. This version only gives you the capacity to read and write. No editing.

Cheers.

Hello,

Sorry. I have updated my profile over and over and still don't receive notification when someone posts a response.

Yes, the remote tuning package includes a lite license within that package. Which allows the following:

ECU read/write
ECU datalogging
ECU DTC read/clearing

As that's all you would need for me to tune your vehicle at a minimum. There is also an offering of a Personal version which is linked to one vin. Which will give you the owner right to tuning your own vehicle. For those wishing to tinker. But if you do. Just be careful.

Things that are addressed and improved on in my tunes....

-VVT manipulation

-Ignition timing smoothed and optimized for whatever octane you choose to use (higher octane leaves room for more gains)

-Limiters are adjusted to increase usable RPM range

-Better idle stabilization and throttle response and throttle smoothing with the Drive by wire system and etc.

To name a few things. Side effects of dialing in the fuel. Some people noticed a MPG increase when they weren't playing with the go pedal.

Average gains seen are between 10-20% over stock depending on fuel octane used and mods.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BHP, and its average. so you should always take the median and some will swing higher, some will swing lower since output is dependent on a lot of variables.

Last edited:
OP, this is what I'd do if I were you...

Talk nicely to established member(s) here - such as Chris_Top_Her who modifies his ride a lot. Perhaps he'd be willing to test your offering.

If this goes well, you will see sales - no doubt.

Just my 2 cents.

---

Chris_Top_Her - hope you don't mind me mentioning you specifically, but I thought you'd be a perfect candidate for this.

---

Talk nicely to established member(s) here - such as Chris_Top_Her who modifies his ride a lot. Perhaps he'd be willing to test your offering.

Just my 2 cents.

---

Chris_Top_Her - hope you don't mind me mentioning you specifically, but I thought you'd be a perfect candidate for this.

---

I'm not sure what you mean by talk nicely. As I talk nicely and the same to everyone I encounter. So unsure where the beginning of your post came from.

Just so it's known, I'm far from New here or the Mazda community in general. I appreciate the concern though, thanks.

But yea of he mods his vehicle he could benefit from a tune. Anyone could honestly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what you mean by talk nicely. As I talk nicely and the same to everyone I encounter. So unsure where the beginning of your post came from.

Just so it's known, I'm far from New here or the Mazda community in general. I appreciate the concern though, thanks.

You'd read too deep into this.

I only meant to help as you show up here from the moon and offer $500 snake oil so far.

Several people have replied here demanding anything that backs up your claims with nothing from you in return.

Can we have your paypal? I am ready to pay $500 now.

You'd read too deep into this.

I only meant to help as you show up here from the moon and offer $500 snake oil so far.

Several people have replied here demanding anything that backs up your claims with nothing from you in return.

Can we have your paypal? I am ready to pay $500 now.

Im under the impression the tune has been tested using a butt dyno.

Just my 2 cents.

---

---

Already have ovtune.. its 299 for a remote tune. Also they are moving from mazda edit to ecutek. They will be doing my boost tune as well

Already have ovtune.. its 299 for a remote tune. Also they are moving from mazda edit to ecutek. They will be doing my boost tune as well

How are your real driving results after their tune?

Last edited:
How are your real driving results after their tune?
Improved power delivery at highway speed, I can actually chirp a wheel during a high RPM shift (AWD too, with wider stickier tires) overall performance is improved. There is a lot of information all over mazda forums/facebook pages regarding OVtune that I really don't want to reproduce because it's all there. You'll pretty much find one or more threads on every major mazda forum or facebook page regarding OVtuned, for mz3-6, cx-5 mazda 2 dedicated forums..This thread over at the mazda 6 club has some detailed information in it. I you have facebook, at least join the "Mazda 3 Tuning Group" that's an OVtune public page where they put a lot of their new developments and people talk about tuning. They actually bought a sky 2.0 motor for high output internals development, 2.5 is next.. there is also a thread on the mazda3revolution in the 2014 section that is ok, but the mz6club is the most detailed user experience probably.

Last edited:
^ Thanks.

I'll check the other info.

My understanding is that $299 is for the tune.

Do I buy cable and software separately or is it included. Could not find info on that one.

Thanks

^ Thanks.

I'll check the other info.

My understanding is that $299 is for the tune.

Do I buy cable and software separately or is it included. Could not find info on that one.

Thanks

Yes, $299 is for the Mazda Edit software/license (soon switching to ECUtek, free of charge) and the actual tuning service. The Tactrix cable can be purchased directly through the Tactrix website for about $170 USD. Or a used one on ebay, but I wouldn't want to risk an abused device when your flashing your ecu. There is also a knock off version floating around for like half the price, I think dynotroll uses it. You won't be able to make your own adjustments with that license however you will be able to monitor in detail all sorts of parameters and datalog them for anything you are doing outside of the tune. If I am logging I just put the laptop in the passenger seat and with a usb extension cable plug it into the tactrix which is plugged into the obd2 port under the left console.

Improved power delivery at highway speed, I can actually chirp a wheel during a high RPM shift (AWD too, with wider stickier tires) overall performance is improved. There is a lot of information all over mazda forums/facebook pages regarding OVtune that I really don't want to reproduce because it's all there. You'll pretty much find one or more threads on every major mazda forum or facebook page regarding OVtuned, for mz3-6, cx-5 mazda 2 dedicated forums..This thread over at the mazda 6 club has some detailed information in it. I you have facebook, at least join the "Mazda 3 Tuning Group" that's an OVtune public page where they put a lot of their new developments and people talk about tuning. They actually bought a sky 2.0 motor for high output internals development, 2.5 is next.. there is also a thread on the mazda3revolution in the 2014 section that is ok, but the mz6club is the most detailed user experience probably.

On your car and setup did you notice any change in MPGs with the tune ? (positive or negative)

Did you get a copy of your original Map/Tune so that when ever you want you can switch back ?

Ever take your car to the track? Quarter Mile or 1/8 mile?

Back