Mazda 2 2005 Bluetooth Adapter in CD Changer Port Query

kin-tama

:
Mazda 2 2005
Hi there,

I'm new to this site and am hoping someone can help in regards to my problem:
I have a 2005 Mazda 2 and bought a compatible Bluetooth adapter to play music and make calls.
The Bluetooth adapter connects to the CD changer (16 pin?) port at the back of my radio, so there's no issue with physical connectivity.
When I turn on my car, the Bluetooth device turns on and I can sync it to my phone, but the radio doesn't recognise it (pressing the CD button says "NO DISC").
The car didn't come with a CD changer, but I'd have thought the fact that the port exists is a sign that this should work.
My radio is the same design as the one in this thread: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...da-Demio-2005-Converting-MD-Tape-input-to-AUX
Does anyone have any advice or (even better) a solution for this?

Did you try hitting the "disc/aux" button on the radio? Sometimes my kids iPods confuse it and I get that same thing. Or Bluetooth will pick up my phone and start playing music over the Bluetooth stream.

Good luck, the Bluetooth protocol in our cars is terrible. You'd be much better off with an aftermarket radio solution.

Read the manual for the Bluetooth module, it doesn't integrate with the headunit at all, it just uses that harness to tap into the front speakers.

CD changer port.

Hi there,

I'm new to this site and am hoping someone can help in regards to my problem:
I have a 2005 Mazda 2 and bought a compatible Bluetooth adapter to play music and make calls.
The Bluetooth adapter connects to the CD changer (16 pin?) port at the back of my radio, so there's no issue with physical connectivity.
When I turn on my car, the Bluetooth device turns on and I can sync it to my phone, but the radio doesn't recognise it (pressing the CD button says "NO DISC").
The car didn't come with a CD changer, but I'd have thought the fact that the port exists is a sign that this should work.
My radio is the same design as the one in this thread: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...da-Demio-2005-Converting-MD-Tape-input-to-AUX
Does anyone have any advice or (even better) a solution for this?

I am wondering if there was a solution to the above?

Back