Mazda 2 2011 Serpentine Belt replacement

jrosero

:
Mazda, 2 2011/touring
Hi fellow mazda 2 owners, i was just wondering if any of you out there already had installed/replaced their serpentine belt. If yes, i badly need your help because i am wanting to replace mine but couldn't find any resource to tell me how. If it's not too much to ask, please post picture of the tensioner and how to loosen it. Thank you very much in advance and God bless you all.

Jeff

Hmm, no replies yet. I'm also about to change mine at 105k miles.

Replaced mine this morning and it was easy - under 30 minute job. I used a Gates K060725 belt for under $20.
- Print out a belt diagram. Google, they can be found everywhere.
- Put the front-end up on ramps.
- 10mm socket with extension, remove the plastic belt cover underneath. Only held by two bolts.
- Take a 14mm wrench to the backside bottom pulley. It's self-adjusting so it rotates. Place on the center of the pulley and pull down. You will need a cheater bar or something. Can be an elbow buster if slips.
- While pulling the pulley down, I pulled the belt off the front bottom pulley. I didn't want to loose any finger tips on the adjusting pulley if it slipped.
- I installed the new belt in the same fashion. Wrapped it on all pulleys except the bottom front one.

I had taken pictures but they are hard to see. I guessed wrong remembering how it was wrapped around the pulleys so having a one sheet print out of the diagram found online was great!

Back