No warning sound when lights are left on

Rach177

:
Mazda 2
Hi

I have a 2009 Mazda 2 and if I accidently leave the lights on and turn the engine off and open the door, there is no warning sounds. Is this supposed to be like this?

Is there an easy way of turning this sound on?

Thanks in advance

Rachael

Hopefully someone can give you an answer on this one. I've just come to commiserate. I had an '04 Civic that didn't warn me when lights were left on. We were constantly killing the battery and having to get a jump from someone with that car.

I can tell you that at least the US-spec 2's will sound a buzzer if you leave the lights on like that.

It is annoying, I've already completely killed one battery and drained another.

Hopefully someone can give you an answer on this one. I've just come to commiserate. I had an '04 Civic that didn't warn me when lights were left on. We were constantly killing the battery and having to get a jump from someone with that car.

Mine is a UK car. I would presume it should have a warning sound when left on, I wasn't sure if it could be a fuse, (the interior lights still work, are they connected?) or if it has been 'turned off' by a previous owner.

I can tell you that at least the US-spec 2's will sound a buzzer if you leave the lights on like that.

Back