2015 CX-5 Aftermarket Stereos w/ GPS?

Octavian

:
2015 CX-5 Touring AWD
Howdy all!

So, I bought an SD card with maps for my new-to-me 2015 CX-5 Touring, and went to put it in only to discover that I don't have an SD card slot! When I got the car the dealer mentioned ading GPS was as simple as buying the sd card and putting it in and I didn't bother to check (bad car buyer, bad!).

So, given the price of a new GPS unit, I'm wondering if there is a good aftermarket stereo solution with good gps - and better bluetooth!

Anybody go down this road and have any thoughts?

You need a "box"(GPS unit) not just a card. This has to be installed in that little cubby hole on the left. I don't have this, so maybe somebody else can tell you in more detail.
You are not Romanian by any chance?

You need a "box"(GPS unit) not just a card. This has to be installed in that little cubby hole on the left. I don't have this, so maybe somebody else can tell you in more detail.
You are not Romanian by any chance?

Yeah, that's what I found out - which led to me thinking a new head unit with built in gps might be cheaper.

Nope, not Romanian. Just have delusions of grandeur. :D

Pioneer

Howdy all!

So, I bought an SD card with maps for my new-to-me 2015 CX-5 Touring, and went to put it in only to discover that I don't have an SD card slot! When I got the car the dealer mentioned ading GPS was as simple as buying the sd card and putting it in and I didn't bother to check (bad car buyer, bad!).

So, given the price of a new GPS unit, I'm wondering if there is a good aftermarket stereo solution with good gps - and better bluetooth!

Anybody go down this road and have any thoughts?

I bought a Pioneer head unit (AVH-X3500BHS) with the Pioneer GPS add-on (AVIC-U250). This was in 2013. The total cost was just under $1000. I have been very satisfied with the head unit features, Bluetooth, voice calling, Pandora, etc. as well as the nav add-on.

Obviously, Pioneer has newer models including the new Apple and Android OS's.

Back