Mazda original backup/Reversing Camera need new harness

craigievar

:
2013 Mazda CX5 FWD Maxx
Does anyone know if there is a wiring harness for the original backup camera that will attach to the original harness and end with a male rca? plug.

I have just replaced my factory fitted in dash unit with an aftermarket one but this wire for the camera is a female rca plug. (See lead 4 on the wiring leads photo I have attached). What I am after is an camera adapter lead that will plug into the original factory harness and end in a male rca plug.

There is no such lead hear in Australia and google was no help and the only lead I have seen is one that clips directly into the factory fitted in dash unit and ends in a female plug (on Ebay).

Surely someone has thought to make one otherwise your factory reversing camera is useless if you put in an aftermarket unit.

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 367
You have to make one yourself. It's pretty simple to do. I used this tread. I've never soldered before, and I was able to do everything in an hour or two. Parts are inexpensive too. I didn't make the pins long enough, and had to tape the plugs on to something to get it to hold. So make sure you make them long enough so it'll stay pinned. All the parts can be sourced from Amazon or eBay. Mine works great :)

Last edited:
Back